Senior Software Engineer - Backend
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer with extensive cloud experience to design and develop innovative services/solutions on the cloud for Tencent overseas game studios.
As a Senior Software Engineer for CES (Cloud Enabled Studios) Multi-cloud Management Platform or Studio Application Products or Studio Infrastructure Solutions, you will work in the agile team, adopt to test-driven development methodologies to continuously deliver services/solutions that meet fast growing business requirements. You will be able to use cutting-edge technologies to resolve most challengeable requirements on mixed multi-cloud environment.
Our internal customers include internal or acquired gaming studios. The work scope will include understanding the internal customers’ business requirements, collecting the technical requirements, developing reference architecture and prototypes based on leading industry best practice, leading implementation and deployment for global locations, as well as issue troubleshooting when necessary.
Based in Palo Alto, CA, this person will work closely with the global IT team, HQ teams.
- 8+ years of experience in Java technology-based application/product
- 4+ years’ experience in working on major cloud platform like AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Excellent in Java programming
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Deep understanding and hands on experience in Microservices, Container, k8s, Istio
- Deep understanding and hands on experience in RESTful, API gateway
- Deep understanding and hands on experience in Modeling, Relational DB, NoSQL
- Deep understanding and hands on experience in Web backend, MVC, Hibernate
- Deep understanding and hands on experience in Testing & Mocking framework
- Knowledge in Spring MVC, Spring boot, Spring cloud, Spring Cloud Kubernetes, Spring security
- Knowledge in Redis, Message Queue, RPC, Kafka
- Knowledge in DDD, OOD, OOA, Data Structure
- Knowledge in Software architecture, Backend architect, Design pattern, Event-Driven Development
- Knowledge in distributed system architecture such as Scalability, Resiliency, Reliability, Maintainability, ACID, CAP, BASE
- Knowledge in Distribution system programing, Cluster computing, Multi-threads programing
- Knowledge in DevOps, CI/CD, Jira, Jenkins, Git, Perforce, CodeScan
- Knowledge in Agile processes (Scrum, Kanban, etc.), Code Review
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher), Computer Science
- Proof of good coding style
Nice to have:
- Multi-cloud management, resource management
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure
- Outsourcing R&D management
- Policy language, Rule engine
- Frontend design and development experience.
- Bilingual preferred (English, Chinese). Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to adjust style to match different audiences.
The base pay range for this position in California is $120,000 to $240,900 per year.
Actual pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign on payment, relocation package, and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, as well as other medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the specific position offered.
Your application has been successfully submitted.