VP, Compensation & Total Rewards
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
We’re looking for an experienced and proven leader to join as our VP of Total Rewards. Reporting to our Chief People Officer, you will drive Lyft’s success by bringing your compensation and benefits expertise to Lyft’s leadership team and help us scale. You will utilize and combine your quantitative rigor, business mindset, and communication skills to understand Lyft’s product and business priorities, design optimal total rewards programs, and align with our performance management practices. You will be a senior, trusted advisor to our Founders, C-suite, and Compensation Committee who will manage the equity budget annually for the Board. We are seeking a thought leader, and subject matter expert, who will take a holistic and creative approach while balancing principles and pragmatism, and navigating through rapid change to drive positive change across the company through collaboration with stakeholders.
- Bring thought leadership and drive Lyft’s Compensation and Total Rewards philosophy and practices; ensure alignment with our business growth goals and People team priorities
- Partner closely with Lyft’s executive leadership on both day-to-day operations within their organizations as well as strategic business decisions. Collaborate with leadership across the company to establish clear and concise programs to ensure successful retention, succession planning, and advancement of future leaders within Lyft
- Serve as key owner of our work for Lyft’s Compensation Committee and Board of Directors; attend quarterly Board of Directors meetings
- Drive analytical rigor and deep analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of existing programs; establish and drive key metrics including usage, engagement, and cost analyses
- Innovate and react quickly as business and market realities change, staying up to date on best practices and trends; ensure compliance with applicable legislation
- Create change management and ensure strong communication of Total Rewards philosophy and practices with managers, team members, and across the People Team
- Manage and coach our Compensation and Benefit Managers to help them take their stakeholder management skills to the next level. Ensure operational effectiveness in order to scale the team’s impact; build internal processes and systems to support our growth
- Partner closely with our Talent team to help Lyft hire the very best talent, our Finance team to help ensure financial strength of the business, our Payroll team to ensure right outcomes for employees, external vendors and partners to leverage resources, etc.
- Close to 10+ years experience focused on Compensation and Benefits, including Equity design, planning and administration and Executive Compensation.
- Degree in Business/MBA, Finance, Human Resources, or equivalent work experience in Compensation Consulting, HR, Finance
- You’ve had extensive exposure to designing, building and executing Compensation, Total Rewards strategies for publicly traded technology companies (ideally, with a diversity of employment categories) and have a demonstrated understanding of their internal and external impact.
- Track record of presenting to and closely partnering with a Board/Compensation Committee as well as internal senior stakeholders; well versed in the intricacies of public company reporting
- Created and managed innovative, compelling Compensation, Equity and Total Rewards programs in a fast-paced environment; skilled at interpreting business needs, operating in gray areas and making decisions based on emerging priorities
- Deep analytical skills with the ability to translate data and trends into key insights and recommendations; financial prowess and ability to build and manage budgets, models, etc.
- Proven ability to track, prioritize and drive to success multiple concurrent projects with a strong operational background
- Hands-on leader, ready to roll up your sleeves when needed. You’re resourceful, forward-thinking, drawn to building off of ambiguous and unsolved problems and have an "own the outcome" mindset. Also, thrive in a fast-paced, high energy environment
- You have a lot of exposure to influencing and partnering with a diverse group of stakeholders, and have demonstrated an ability to partner with deeply technical as well as operational, business-minded leaders on key Compensation and Benefits topics. You excel at openness and flexibility with internal clients, balanced with maintaining consistency in Total Rewards philosophies and practices
- You devote time to and are passionate about educating, mentoring and teaching partners the values and business impact behind total rewards
- Your strengths span both analytical and organizational skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills. Most importantly, you are exceptionally detail-oriented and maintain the highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
This role is work-from-anywhere in the U.S., excluding U.S. territories.
The expected pay for this position in the US is $300,000.00 - $350,000.00. Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location. Range is not inclusive of equity offering or benefits. Your recruiter can share more information about the salary range specific to your working location and other factors during the hiring process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.