Head of Inclusion & Diversity
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for an innovative, empathic and visionary leader to create our next generation, multi-year inclusion and diversity strategy. This is a unique leadership opportunity to serve as a thought partner and trusted senior advisor across the business. We’re seeking a subject matter expert who will employ evidence-based best practices and research to drive results in a dynamic and evolving landscape.
The ideal leader has experience collaborating with cross-functional partners to create and execute diversity hiring strategies from early talent to Director and above levels, in addition to deep experience implementing retention and advancement programs. We’re seeking a creative executive who will challenge the status quo to help move beyond conventional thinking by introducing new methods of leveraging workforce data insights while testing business-focused experimental approaches
The Head of I&D will serve as a Lyft representative and external spokesperson for the company. They will be excited to represent Lyft with multiple external constituencies and participate in internal and external panels/presentations. Reporting to Lyft’s Chief People Officer, they will manage a talented, high performing team of I&D professionals.
- Working closely with business and functional leaders, own development of detailed strategies that focus on employee, marketplace and community initiatives to increase Lyft’s performance and competitiveness; ensure this multi-year I&D goal strategy is achieving quarterly and annual key performance indicators
- Serve as strategic, visionary partner to the talent team to create dynamic recruiting strategies to build top of funnel pipelines and hire talent from underrepresented backgrounds in Tech
- In partnership with the People Analytics team, oversee creation of data driven strategies, leveraging employee lifecycle data to inform how we attract, select, grow and retain talent
- Provide leadership, coaching and oversight to I&D team members to scale inclusion and diversity initiatives across the organization
- Oversee creation and implementation of inclusion education roadmap in partnership with learning and development partners
- Serve as the face of Lyft’s inclusion & diversity programs; build external relationships with peer I&D practitioners; be a trusted and respected voice of our I&D team with internal and external audiences
- Shape the Lyft narrative in partnership with the Marketing and Communications teams, to drive design and delivery of inclusive messaging and development of our annual I&D/Racial Equity public report
- 10+ yrs in People Teams/Human Resources/and or Business Leadership, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and/or organizational development and human capital consulting. Experience with high growth company (Global experience is a plus)
- 7+ yrs experience working with senior executives in client-facing or consulting roles
- Demonstrated track record of development and execution of a holistic I&D strategy with impact driven results
- Demonstrated track record of success in a cross functional, highly matrixed environment. Flexible and adaptable team member who can work with Tech, Business and Operations leaders; can quickly assess how to meet the business where they are on the I&D maturation model with the goal to influence better outcomes and decision making.
- Trusted, values based and inclusive people leader who prioritizes developing, advancing and empowering up-and-coming talent
- Expert level of data and analytical competency, including drawing meaningful insights from data to create strategy, narrative and to operationalize solutions. Fluency in reporting monthly, quarterly, impact metrics/ key performance indicators.
- Subject matter expert on innovative next generation practices, programs and I&D marketplace insights.
- Change Agent: Understands that progress is not always achieved using a predetermined path. This role requires courage, confidence and inspiration to achieve our north star.
- Creative Visionary: Ability to hear and bring forth ideas from your team and partners while also bringing your own ideas and ways to innovate by respectively challenging the status quo with humility and grace.
- Lead through ambiguity, ability to work cross-functionally to overcome challenges.
- Strong global mindset, understanding of various global cultures, knowledge of global diversity is preferred
- High level of self-awareness, with a strong knowledge of social power dynamics, systems of oppression, and ways to dismantle systemic inequities
- Skilled facilitator, able to navigate tough conversations with a senior audience
- Demonstrated knowledge of other HR disciplines (sourcing, outreach, recruiting, employee and leadership development, workforce planning, etc.)
- Coach: Possesses high level of emotional intelligence and maturity to give and receive constructive, honest and timely feedback while modeling resiliency in action
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
This role is work-from-anywhere in the U.S., excluding U.S. territories.
The base salary range for this position in the US is $180,810 - $245,000. Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location. Range is not inclusive of potential equity offering or benefits. Your recruiter can share more information about the salary range specific to your working location and other factors during the hiring process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.