Product Designer, Media
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
We’re looking for a product designer to design groundbreaking new products for our Lyft Media team. Lyft Media is one of Lyft’s newest lines of business focused on building the world’s largest transportation media network. We build products that allow brands to engage with our unique audience throughout their transportation journeys. This role will be leading design our in-app ads products, in car tablets, car toppers and additional new media touchpoints in Lyft users’ journey. By thinking end to end we will be able to cement Lyft Media as the best transportation media network.
Our projects range from tactical to strategic business decisions, all the way to crafting the future of the business. As a product designer for Lyft Media, you will be involved at every step of product development, from brainstorming broad ideas to ensuring design quality through launch. Lyft is looking for a design leader who uses their full range of interaction, visual, and product thinking skills, to lead and own an experience.
These products are extremely important to Lyft’s future and are filled with many exciting challenges and unsolved problems. You will need to be entrepreneurial, customer-obsessed, and passionate to innovate and execute.
Our Fleet+ design team is a diverse group of designers, researchers, and content designers. Our team has both new grads as well as senior staff, and we represent a diverse and global population. We work collaboratively and pride ourselves on being considerate and honest with one another.
In many ways we function as a startup inside a larger business. Our Design and Research teams live and breathe user-centered processes to create the best possible, end-to-end experience for millions of passengers and drivers daily. We can be scrappy when we need to be, though we are always focused on quality and influence.
As a qualified candidate, you have a track record of leading projects to successful outcomes for users and the business. You are a strong cross-functional partner, great communicator, and are able to take a solution from idea to implementation. You uphold a high quality bar and have a strong appreciation for the details. Above all, you approach problems holistically and create elegantly simple solutions to multi-faceted problems.
- Problem solve, think big, and explore divergent concepts/ideas while understanding how to converge and build iteratively towards your vision
- Plan strategically and think tactically as a partner with product and engineering to define the future of the team
- Influence the shape of the product with research and data while executing design work using high-quality wireframes, mockups, user journeys, and cross-platform interactive prototypes
- Advocate for design by sharing your work and presenting cross-functionally, while being able to precisely articulate design rationale
- Inspire the entire team (including your cross-functional) partners by bringing new ideas to the table
- Create a unified, end-to-end experience through close collaboration with team members from across the Product and Marketing Design Teams
- 4+ years of experience working in UX/UI designing for mobile and tablet on multiple platforms (iOS, Android). Additional form factors and ad experience are a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly proficient with design tools (Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Highly proficient with interactive prototyping tools
- Excellence in design craft
- Ability to work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional team
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
This role is work-from-anywhere in the U.S., excluding U.S. territories.
The expected range of pay for this position in the US is $121,770 - $165,000. Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location. Range is not inclusive of potential equity offering, bonus or benefits. Your recruiter can share more information about the salary range specific to your working location and other factors during the hiring process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.