Data Scientist, Hardware
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Data Science is at the heart of Lyft’s products and decision-making. As a member of the Science team, you will work in a dynamic environment, where we embrace moving quickly to build the world’s best transportation. Data Scientists take on a variety of problems ranging from shaping critical business decisions to building algorithms that power our internal and external products. In our Transit, Bikes, and Scooter (TBS) division, we are building the future of micromobility and the hardware products that will power it. We are looking for data scientists who are passionate about hardware and excited to support all facets of hardware development and optimization.
You will report to a Data Science Manager in the TBS Science organization.
- Leverage data to build analytic frameworks to shape product and business cases for new shared e-bikes, e-scooters, and urban vehicle docking hardware products and features
- Help shape hardware engineering decisions using data from products in the field, experiments, or simulations
- Partner with product managers, engineers, and operators to translate analytical insights into decisions and action
- Design and analyze experiments; communicate results and act on launch decisions
- Develop analytical frameworks to monitor hardware business and product performance
- Degree in a quantitative field (advanced degrees preferred), or relevant work experience
- Professional or educational experience with engineering or hard science fields. Hands-on experience with hardware engineering or hardware products preferred.
- 3+ years of industry or research experience in a data science or analytics role
- Proficiency in SQL - able to write structured and efficient queries on large data sets
- Experience in programming, especially with data science and visualization libraries in Python or R
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate with and influence cross-functional partners
- Extended health and dental coverage options, along with life insurance and disability benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- Access to a Health Care Savings Account
- In addition to provincial observed holidays, team members get 15 days paid time off, with an additional day for each year of service
- 4 Floating Holidays each calendar year prorated based off of date of hire
- 10 paid sick days per year regardless of province
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
Lyft proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offences, or any other basis protected by applicable law or by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Accommodation for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request in accordance with applicable law during the application and hiring process. Please contact your recruiter now if you wish to make such a request.
Your application has been successfully submitted.