Program Manager, Internal Audit - Finance
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Are you a process nut? Are you someone who appreciates documentation and geeks out about process rigor? Do you have experience consulting to businesses, problem solving, and helping companies/org/teams establish best practices and structure? Do you have experience managing projects and the idea of a project charter or a project plan is music to your ears? Do you know a lot about finance in public companies? Do you have experience running a portfolio of projects?
Then you might be the person we are looking for! Lyft’s Internal Audit team is looking for an experienced Program Manager who has extensive experience in running projects and consulting in the finance operations space. Someone who loves identifying and solving problems and is NOT afraid to ask the question, “why did you do it that way?”
When we say experience, we mean more than 15 years of work experience. The world is changing and, at Lyft, our Internal Audit team has a vision for the future of what Internal Audit can be and how important this role is to the future success of Lyft. We are looking to recruit experienced individuals who have seen different organizations over the course of their career, understand how public companies operate, and are always looking for ways to improve things. If you have ever told someone that continuous improvement is the “gold standard” of what you want to have, we want to have a conversation with you. We will teach you how to “audit,” we want you to be a self-starter who geeks out on process, project management, and financial operations.
Under the guidance of the Chief Audit Executive and the Director of Internal Audit you will be responsible for:
- Managing a portfolio of 3 to 5 ongoing projects at any one time.
- Learning and mastering best practices in the audit space, including:
- Risk Assessments
- Maturity Assessments
- Design Assurance
- Establishing and owning relationships with key leaders - from individual contributors to VP level - within the Finance organization and beyond, in order to support the development of governance and risk mitigation strategies.
- Managing third party resources to perform projects.
- Maintaining and increasing expertise in the area of Finance, public company governance, accounting, FP&A, and treasury to enhance Internal Audit capabilities.
- Partnering with other compliance and risk management functions to enhance governance, risk management and compliance in a fast-paced but highly regulated environment where the technology platform is our product.
- Running projects and following existing Internal Audit processes and policies that meet industry standards and best practices.
- Managing the follow-up and reporting of internal audit findings until deficiencies are remediated.
- Liaising with business leadership and communicating status of key projects and initiatives, as well as audit results.
- The selected candidate will be required to obtain the Google Project Management certification within one (1) year from the date of hire. Lyft will sponsor and cover the costs of the training.
- Work in a remote environment where you don’t have trouble staying focused and you can operate with minimal supervision.
Experience & Skills We Are Looking For:
- 15+ years experience working. Experience in organizational consulting, financial operations, process improvement, and/or project management are what we want. YES, a diverse background is AWESOME! We don’t want someone who has done the same job their whole career.
- That being said, you have to know stuff about finance. You should have experience and a strong knowledge of the areas listed above - by way of review - here they are:
- Finance operations, public company governance, accounting, financial reporting, FP&A, treasury…
- You gotta be comfortable with technology. Technology skills come naturally to you and you understand the difference between a database and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). You have never uttered the phrase, “how do I put this on the computer?”
- You gotta know process and be committed to the idea that process is fundamental to business operations at scale.
- Deep understanding of corporate operations and infrastructure. You must be aware and comfortable with business fundamentals and know why they matter.
- Must be detail oriented and organized. You know who you are, the person who likes to make lists and keeps their files organized neatly in folders. If you are the person with a hundred random files on your desktop, don’t apply for this gig.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills. More than that, actually, you should be the type of person who is good at seeing problems and looking to solve them!
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to discuss complex and/or technical concepts with subject experts, yet explain those concepts to other stakeholders in a simple but informative manner.
- You MUST be intellectually curious and love learning about new things. You see change as constant and you embrace change as an opportunity, not something that you should resist.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects and resources effectively.
- You must be comfortable working in an environment where you are held accountable, but you can operate independently with minimal day-to-day supervision.
- Display a high standard of ethics and professionalism. Integrity matters to us a great deal. If you think cutting corners or using ChatGPT to craft your cover letters is OK, PLEASE don’t apply for this role!
Bonus Experience & Skills:
- Six sigma, Lean or other process improvement and business process work in your history.
- Knowledge of the transportation industry, insurance related to transportation, and/or transportation network companies.
- Familiarity with frameworks and how they are used to improve business operations.
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
This role is work-from-anywhere in the U.S., excluding U.S. territories.
The base salary range for this position in the US $122,510 - $166,000. Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location. Range is not inclusive of potential equity offering, bonus or benefits. Your recruiter can share more information about the salary range specific to your working location and other factors during the hiring process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.