Software Engineer, iOS- Slack (Senior and Staff)
This is a general job posting. We are hiring at the Senior and Staff levels.
Slack is your Digital HQ – a place where work flows between your people, systems, partners, and customers. From Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, millions of people around the world use Slack to connect their teams, unify their systems, and drive their business forward.
Slack breaks down communication silos inside and beyond your organization by bringing teams and tools together around common goals, projects and processes in channels and in Slack Connect. It removes the limits of physical walls, giving people the flexibility to do their best work where, when and how they prefer with features like huddles and clips. And it empowers everyone to automate common tasks with apps and workflows. In this digital-first era, Slack’s mission is to make people’s work lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive.
A taste of our scale and reach:
- Slack delivers 300k+ messages per second
- 77% of the fortune 100 use Slack
- 150+ countries have daily active users in Slack
- To date, 1.79 trillion messages have been sent on Slack
- 2.65 billion actions are taken in Slack each day
- Slack has 200k+ paid customers
- Users are spending a combined 243 million minutes per week in Huddles
About the team
We are looking for people who are passionate about crafting phenomenal iOS applications.
You’ve been around for a few Xcode releases and you know how to delight iOS users. You’ve got an eye for the beautiful design our users expect and an attention to detail down to the very last pixel. You know your way around UIKit and architecture patterns and are eager to partner with Product and Design to craft efficient, performant, and delightful user experiences.
Slack on iOS is used by millions of people every week - we need feature, infrastructure, and performance engineers who want to make that experience as enjoyable as possible. As an iOS Engineer, you will work with a cross-disciplinary team, using your extensive knowledge of building applications across a wide array of iOS devices to make the Slack experience on iOS the best it can possibly be.
As an iOS Engineer, you like building for the long term and value patterns and structures that allow for maximum flexibility in a constantly evolving product. You excel in leading others and mentoring and growing other iOS engineers is something you are passionate about. You set a high bar for the technical design and code quality of your team. You demonstrate exceptional ownership of not only the area of your team, but across Slack’s entire iOS codebase. You have a “can do” demeanor and nothing is beneath you or outside your responsibilities because you do what it takes to deliver the highest quality code and the most impactful features.
What You Should Have
- 4+ years of working experience in iOS product development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Experience developing with Swift
- Experience working closely with product teams, designers, and other developers to create a truly delightful mobile experience
- Experience developing highly performant code and view layouts and the ability to diagnose performance bottlenecks
- A disciplined approach to development, testing, documentation and code structure in a team environment
- An excellent approach to guiding, influencing, and growing other iOS engineers and teams
- Extensive understanding of the Cocoa framework
- A familiarity with the iOS tool ecosystem for development, testing, debugging, and performance benchmarking
- An excellent understanding of standard methodologies for concurrency and threading
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things higher
- Experience using Slack and a keen interest in making it better
- A passion for building and maintaining excellent open source projects or otherwise contributing to the iOS community
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce, Inc. or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Colorado-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $133,400 to $254,700.For New York-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $146,600 to $280,200.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.