Software Engineer II, Frontend DevXP
Slack enables people around the world to communicate and collaborate together, from the world’s largest public companies to the smallest of startups. We take performance and reliability very seriously. A taste of our scale:
During the week, our users spend over a billion minutes a day active in our product.
At peak usage, a million messages a minute passed through Slack.
Every day we see over 15 million simultaneously connected users
For millions of people, Slack is their primary communication tool for work and more and they expect it to be exceptionally reliable and fast year-round.
About the Team
The DevXP team aims to make it easy for developers to write, build, test and submit code on various platforms like mobile, desktop and various OS. We are constantly perfecting and improving our stance in order to make Slack more performant and available to each and every one of our millions of daily active users. We take on unique scaling problems for a global customer base and write software to provide maximum visibility into our infrastructure. We get excited about making Slack scaling, highly available and resilient whilst ensuring we use the right technology stack.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, read on ahead!
Use your deep knowledge of frontend tooling to improve the lives of engineers at Slack, an application relied upon by hundreds of millions of users every day. You’ll work with some of the latest technology in the space to help our engineers get their work done, collaborating closely with our Product and Frontend Infrastructure teams on wide-reaching architectural changes to a large, mostly modern codebase. The nature of our work is suited to anyone with generalist leanings: you’ll use a variety of tools and programming language including: Frontend and more.
What you will be doing
- You’ll brainstorm novel solutions to big, challenging problems to make engineer’s lives simpler and more productive
- You’ll collaborate with your team and others to bring these solutions to life
- You’ll trace, measure and improve the performance characteristics of our internal systems
- You’ll learn about new frontend tooling and discuss potential solutions to problems
- You’ll mentor other engineers and deeply review code
- You’ll develop your own vocabulary of custom emoji
- 3+ years experience with Node.js
- 2+ years experience with modern frontend toolchains
- 1+ year experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment
- 1+ year experience with package managers like Yarn or npm
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Strong UX sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
- Experience with orchestration tools like Terraform, Docker, or Kubernetes
- Experience with Jenkins or other CI/CD tools
- Experience with PHP or Hack
- Experience (or interest) in the Rust programming language
- Experience with Frontend build tools
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce, Inc. or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
For Colorado-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $133,400 to $183,400.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.