Customer Engineering Manager, Small/Medium Businesses, Google Cloud
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Atlanta, GA, USA; Austin, TX, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience leading and managing a team of engineers.
- Experience as a software engineer, cloud engineer or technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or in a customer or partner-facing role.
- Experience as a Technical Sales Engineer in a cloud computing environment or in a customer and/or partner-facing role.
- Experience of web/internet related technologies, architecture across SaaS, PaaS and IaaS, and cloud productivity suites.
- Experience leading and managing externally facing Engineering team (e.g., Pre-Sales, Post-Sales, Partners, Consulting).
- Project Management skills or experience in a consulting capacity.
About the job
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You listen and deliver what is most helpful for the customer. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
As a Customer Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of Pre-Sales Customer Engineers, who engage with prospects, understand and assess customer requirements, prepare and present demonstrations of Google’s Cloud products and services, guide the customer through implementation and production deployment, and address and overcome technical objections that arise throughout the process. You will manage a diverse collection of engineering professionals. You will engage directly with prospects and work cross-functionally with our Product, Support, Engineering, and Sales teams.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $130,000-$201,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Lead Scaled Customer Engineers (CEs) on engaging and prioritizing business opportunities with Startups, Digital Natives and Small/Medium Businesses (SMB) Customers, identify sales and technical objections, help maintain pre/post sales customer satisfaction and increase sales business generation.
- Be a technical sales advisor to customers and, in alignment with sales leadership, provide appropriate resources and be a senior point of leadership and escalation to overcome technical business impediments.
- Support peers/managers/stakeholders on Scaled Customer Engineering planning to support business growth objectives regionally and globally.
- Lead projects that deliver assets to scale Google Cloud sales and empower individual CEs leadership and execution of projects to scale impact.
- Assess individual CE’s performance continuously with active, individual and progressive feedback and ensure the team is properly trained and equipped to successfully perform in support of annual goals.
Your application has been successfully submitted.