Program Manager, Networking Product and Work Intake
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in program or project management.
- Experience in program management working on projects in a matrixed environment.
- Experience in customer engagement, networking, stakeholder management, cross-functional collaboration, and influencing.
- Experience in solution design and implementation in Infrastructure and Networking domains.
- Experience working with cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams and stakeholders.
- Experience with Google Products (e.g., Advertising, Google Cloud, Core, Maps, Search, YouTube, etc.) and underlying technical infrastructures.
- Experience communicating with executives and Director/Vice President-level management.
- Experience in business development or sales (e.g. as an account/client engagement manager).
- Understanding of networking technology solutions and the ability to evaluate and recommend solutions.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
In this role, you'll work with key stakeholders in customer organizations and the broader Google Global Networking team to define network products and solutions while being an active “Representative for the Customer” across the team. You will be responsible for managing incoming customer requests, understanding technical and business requirements, and recommending solutions. You will develop customer experience metrics, guide Google Global Networking to improve them, and perform regular customer business reviews.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $125,000-$193,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the customer organization. Develop customer profiles which include business priorities, stakeholder map, activity plan, and balanced scorecard while being the point of contact for customer escalations.
- Deliver against customer needs and Google Global Networking objectives in a timely and cost effective manner, ensuring value based outcomes. Ensure stakeholders are kept abreast of progress, risks, and outcomes while maintaining a positive customer experience.
- Partner with customer and internal teams to validate requirements, evaluate solutions, and collaborate with Google Global Networking Product Management and Network Integration teams to deliver solutions.
- Establish metrics to measure performance of critical processes (e.g., Network Capacity Planning and Delivery, Google Global Networking Product Life-cycle). Engage with customers and Google Global Networking Executive Sponsors in strategic planning activity to develop a three year partnership plan.
Your application has been successfully submitted.