Field Sales Manager, State, Local, And Education
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
Remote locations: Pennsylvania, USA; Michigan, USA; Ohio, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in a Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) or Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) sales role, selling into government entities.
- 3 years of experience in management, in either a sales leadership or partner leadership role.
- 12 years of experience in the field sales technology industry, promoting PaaS or IaaS.
- 5 years of experience managing and leading a team.
- Experience promoting cloud computing technologies to government organizations across geographies.
- Understanding of how various cloud technologies work together to lead technology adoption within the existing account base.
- Understanding of data and networking technologies, the global cloud computing market, and growth in the public sector.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, businesses, educational institutions, and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees, and partners.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $131,000-$197,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Lead and implement go-to-market propositions in the public sector. Work with Marketing, Demand Management, Solutions, and Product and Engineering teams to produce a focused proposition.
- Build and maintain relationships to lead long-term direction and act as an advisor to customers.
- Work with the Google Account teams to develop a pipeline and provide guidance. Work with Google Cloud Platform Partners to develop campaigns.
- Collaborate with Sales Engineering and Marketing resources to provide input and improvements on current collateral materials to optimize the Google Cloud Platform. Work towards business goals.
- Build a pipeline of customers within selected accounts.
Your application has been successfully submitted.