Software Engineer, Firmware Integration - Tesla Energy
What to Expect
Tesla Energy is looking for a motivated Firmware Integration Engineer to bring the next generation of home and commercial charging products to the market. The successful applicant will join a team of knowledgeable engineers and have an opportunity to solve challenging problems in the energy products space. Expert firmware integration to the system and production line is critical for the delivery of high-quality Tesla products to its customers. The engineer will collaborate closely with hardware, manufacturing, and service engineering to design firmware and automation solutions for an awesome customer and production experience. The candidate will show outstanding technical and organizational skills and be passionate about bringing sustainable energy to the world. High level collaboration and communication skills are highly sought after. The position duties require travel to Tesla factories.
What You’ll Do
- Develop, enhance and debug new and existing real-time firmware in C and C++. Deliver high-quality C code in a real-time embedded environment.
- Design robust and exhaustive test procedure for high voltage power electronics, battery module, thermal actuation, solar interface product assembly.
- Design ultra-reliable, cost-effective, and time-sensitive manufacturing test processes.
- Author product test specification of home and commercial charging products for optimal coverage at each step in the assembly process.
- Attention to detail shown through continuous improvements and enforcing best practices within the team, and also the larger organization
- Develop innovative systems capable of first-of-its-kind high volume, high quality production output.
- Track and communicate project status and risks to the wider organization.
- Provide technical and leadership excellence for the team. You will make critical decisions and lead from the front with support from experienced engineers.
- Specify, design, and implement functionality and behaviors of embedded subsystems. Drive firmware development for performance, scalability, robustness, and tight integration with the hardware.
- Hands-on with hardware bring up, build and enforce component validation for delivering robust, functional code. Analyze CAN trace during debug.
What You’ll Bring
- BS or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or proof of exceptional skills in related fields, with practical engineering experience.
- Experience shipping code, receiving feedback and being relentless ensuring customer experience is positive. Experience documenting firmware design and authoring specifications.
- Shows a keen understanding of physics and follows first principles in design and development. Familiar with electrical test tools like scopes, network analyzers, power supplies, loads.
- Excellent communication skills, say something when you don’t know, be available to other team members when questions arise.
- Capable of delivering top quality C code in a real time embedded environment.
- Experience writing Python scripts.
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances/challenging problems.
- Own assignments and take accountability for overall team success.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate complex technical concepts.
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
$104,000 - $348,000/annual salary + cash and stock awards + benefits
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice
Your application has been successfully submitted.