Vehicle Human Factors & Ergonomics Engineer
What to Expect
Tesla’s vehicle ergonomics team is looking for an intuitive problem solver to own the complete occupant package and ergonomic performance of future production vehicles. Successful candidates will have a record of excellence and a thorough working knowledge of vehicle occupant packaging, human factors, ergonomics, and engineering design. Key objectives are to achieve high spatial efficiency and excellent ergonomics whilst meeting all relevant legislative requirements.
The ability to fit into small and highly motivated multi-functional teams is essential, as is competent CAD usage. The role offers the rare opportunity to take ownership in the development of genuinely cutting-edge vehicles, so enthusiasm and knowledge of vehicles is advantageous. You must have a passion for engineering the best electric vehicles in the world.
What You’ll Do
- Develop, validate, organize, and maintain vehicle occupant package, ergonomic criteria, and processes.
- Sub-disciplines of responsibility will include driver and passenger positioning, driver controls, driver vision (direct and indirect), ingress/egress, cabin roominess, cargo area, and interior reflections.
- Work with engineering, styling and design, and program management to implement optimum package ergonomic solutions for production vehicles.
- Perform digital and physical assessments of criteria against styling and engineering proposals.
- Develop and run focus studies to establish ergonomic compliance
What You’ll Bring
- Internship or at least 1 year of experience in vehicle occupant packaging, human factors, or ergonomics.
- Excellent knowledge of CATIA, 3DExperience, or equivalent CAD software.
- Experience as a liaison between automotive stylists, vehicle engineering, clay modelers, studio management, manufacturing engineering, and marketing teams.
- Ability to understand the needs and usage habits of vehicle customers with different anthropometry, backgrounds, and preferences.
- Thorough understanding of automotive engineering guidelines (ex. SAE and ISO), laws and regulations (ex. FMVSS and UNECE), manufacturing techniques, both domestic and international
- Experience creating and evaluating whole-vehicle engineering drawings
- Knowledge of CAVA vehicle packaging software, RAMSIS, and CATIA HumanBuilder
- Rapid fabrication method experience such as 3D printing and hand fabrication of mockups
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
$76,000 - $285,000/annual salary + cash and stock awards + benefits
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice
Your application has been successfully submitted.