Data Engineer, IT Applications Engineering-Service
What to Expect
Data Engineer, IT Applications Engineering The Data and Analytics, Applications Engineering team drives business critical decision making, and ensures cross functional alignment of goals and execution for all of Tesla. We stay focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with strong day-to-day operations and build capabilities to power hyper-growth. As the Data Engineer, you will partner with members of the Data and Analytics team and its leadership in Applications Engineering to provide critical data operations to support our demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work on critical subsystems of an incredibly exciting product.
· Design, code, test, correct and document programs and scripts using agreed standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered result.
· Derive an overall strategy of data management, within an established information architecture that supports the development and secure operation of existing and new information and digital services.
· Gathers and processes raw, structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data using batch and real-time data processing frameworks.
· Ensures data quality and implements tools and frameworks for automating the identification of data quality issues.
· Collaborate with internal and external data providers on data validation providing feedback and making customized changes to data feeds and data mappings.
· Mentor and lead data engineers providing technical guidance and oversight.
· Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
· Work with systems that handle sensitive data with strict SOX controls and change management processes.
· Provide timely and accurate estimates for newly proposed functionality enhancements.
· Develop, enforce, and recommend enhancements to Applications in the area of standards, methodologies, compliance, and quality assurance practices; participate in design and code walkthroughs.
· Utilize technical and domain knowledge to develop and implement effective solutions; provide hands on mentoring to team members through all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Agile practice.
· On-call support, where needed.
· Strong experience with relational and multi-parallel processing databases like Vertica, SQL Server, and MySQL. NoSQL databases experience is a plus!
· Strong background in data warehousing, data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
· Strong proficiency in SQL and query writing is required
· Create, maintain, and enhance ETL/ELT pipelines using Python and Airflow.
· Familiarity with common API’s: REST, SOAP
· Experience with design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, source of truth systems for different business areas, developing and maintaining web services in an agile environment.
· Strong experience in stellar dashboards and reports creation for C-Level executives.
· Ability to support multiple on-going projects in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving ability to design an effective solution.
· Strong communicational skills, organizational skills, negotiation skills, and flexibility to address competing demands.
· Passion for Tesla’s products and belief in Tesla’s mission to accelerate the transition to sustainable energy.
· Location – Austin, Texas (USA)
Nice to have:
· Experience with data science tools such as Pandas, Numpy, R, Tensorflow, Keras
· Understanding of distributed computing, i.e. how HDFS, Spark and Presto work
· Work experience with SSIS, Informatica
· Knowledge of real-time messaging tools such as RabbitMQ, Kafka, Apache Beam, Apache Flink, Spark
· Experience in Big Data processing using Apache Hadoop/Spark ecosystem applications like Hadoop, Hive, Spark, and HDFS preferable
· Experience working with a system at scale and with Docker/Kubernetes/Jenkins CI/CD pipeline.
· Work experience with Tableau.
What You’ll Do
What You’ll Bring
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice
Your application has been successfully submitted.