Staff Software Development Engineer,Financial Applications
What to Expect
Locations:Fremont, Bellevue or Austin
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will take part in the design and development of software for the current and next generation of Tesla’s Enterprise Resource Planning systems. In this role, you’ll be developing highly complex applications with a goal of streamlining business operations while improving overall user experience. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a strong desire to increase efficiencies and make an impact while contributing to a cross-functional team. Your ability to creatively collaborate and execute team goals will affect scalability and directly contribute to the company mission of accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
What You’ll Do
- Build new services to meet critical product and business needs using Angular,C#/.net tech stack,MySQL and other open tech stack framework using tools such as Git,RabbitMQ
- Design scalable systems to solve novel problems with best software development practices.
- Articulate a long term vision for maintaining and scaling our backend systems and the teams running them.
- Work with engineers, designers, product and business to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your business.
- Ability to scale up in a fast moving environment
What You’ll Bring
- You have at least 7+ years of experience in software engineering with BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree/work experience
- A self-starter with a strong desire to increase efficiencies and make an impact while contributing to a cross-functional team.
- You’ve designed, built, scaled and maintained production services, and know how to compose a service oriented architecture.
- You write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your business.
- You’re passionate about building a home grown application
- Seek to understand all aspects, business and technical, of the applications on which you work so you can be most effective.
- Continually learn and apply relevant software development practices, patterns, tools, and technologies.
- Nice to have experience with techstack like Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka , OPA ,Rego, decomposing a large monolith into microservices.
- Experience with financial accounting systems and processes preferred. i.e. General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Bank Reconciliation, Foreign Currency
- Candidate with significant experience building backend financial systems in a language other than C#/.NET will also be considered
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
$98,800 - $330,600/annual salary + cash and stock awards + benefits
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice
Your application has been successfully submitted.