Drawing and CAD Specialist Engineer
What to Expect
Tesla’s vehicle ergonomics team is looking for a focused and organized engineer to own whole-vehicle engineering drawings (package drawings) and perform CAD tasks to help develop the next generation of Tesla vehicles. CAD tasks will include creating mockups for prototype part development and performing human factors benchmarking measurements. Drawings need to be created, maintained, and continuously updated with the latest sections and measurements. Completed and in-progress drawings are used frequently as reference tools during and beyond the design process. The role will require collaboration with engineering, design, and fabrication teams.
The ability to fit into small and highly motivated multi-functional teams is essential. The role offers the rare opportunity to participate in the development of new and genuinely cutting-edge vehicles, so enthusiasm and knowledge of vehicles is advantageous. You must have a genuine passion for engineering the best electric vehicles in the world.
What You’ll Do
A successful candidate must be detail-oriented, have strong communication skills, and can work independently. They must establish and maintain a professional working relationship with external and internal teams at all levels across the company. Typical job duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Meticulously create, organize, maintain, and frequently update vehicle package drawings based on continuously changing designs.
- Perform and record human factors-related benchmark measurements on developing vehicles, in-production vehicles, and competitor vehicles.
- Perform digital assessments of criteria against styling and engineering proposals.
- Occasional design of components to be fabricated using a variety of methods such as 3D printing, water jet, CNC milling, laser cutting, and hand fabrication.
What You’ll Bring
- Experience in creating engineering drawings, preferably relating to vehicles
- Knowledge of CATIA, 3DExperience, or equivalent CAD software, including:
- Drawing creation
- 3D part design
- Assembly design
- Surfacing and shape design
- Must be a team player.
- Self-driven and autonomous
- Experience with R, MATLab, or Python
- Experience creating whole-vehicle package drawings
- Knowledge of CAVA, RAMSIS, and CATIA HumanBuilder
- Knowledge of statistics and experimental design
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
$76,000 - $285,000/annual salary + cash and stock awards + benefits
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice
Your application has been successfully submitted.