Staff Product Manager Infrastructure
What to Expect
As a Technical Program Manager, you will help shape how Design Technology builds innovative software that accelerates the pace of vehicle, energy products, and equipment design at Tesla. Your work will fundamentally transform the way engineers create and communicate their work which will have a direct impact on Tesla’s ability to scale across multiple design and manufacturing facilities worldwide.
This role is required to be onsite 5 days/week in Austin, TX or Palo Alto, CA.
What You’ll Do
You will work cross functionally with Engineering, Operations, and Software Development teams to:
- Drive the software platform strategy
- Help define and deliver a product vision, strategy and roadmap
- Prioritize between new features, architectural improvements and operational excellence
- Define a set of KPIs to measure customer satisfaction and business impact with the ability to analyze them and utilize them in decision making processes
- Drive the specification development
- Ensure the product backlog is well defined and relevant
- Deeply understand internal users and complex workflows to inform new opportunities to improve their experience
- Drive the delivery schedule
- Use agile principles to drive the software development of features
- Manage development resources
- Find a balance between feature development and direct developer support
- Coordinate deployment activities for multiple engineering tools with all stakeholders and partners
- Drive the human change management
- Manage and communicate dependencies with other teams
- Prepare release notes with methodology team
- Identify the need for documentation and training updates
- Assess with the training team if specific training events are needed
What You’ll Bring
- Familiarity with software development
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Program Manager or equivalent for a complex software product.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking.
- Proven experience working with cross functional teams
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with CAD Tool, Product Lifecycle Management, and Configuration Management
- Experience with Dassault Systems' CATIA/DELMIA
- Knowledge of Jira, X-Ray
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice
Your application has been successfully submitted.