Engineering Technician - Cell Engineering - Material and Cell Characterization/Analysis
What to Expect
Looking for a technician with hands-on chemistry lab experiences. This candidate will be a key member of a materials development and evaluation team, focused on developing innovative cell products to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy. The focus can be on either analytical testing or processing of powder materials.
What You’ll Do
· General characterization of powder materials: SEM, PSD, XRD, Tap density, moisture content, acid base titration, TGA, etc. · Cell testing and assembly of a variety of lithium-ion cell prototypes, including coin cell and pouch cell · Process and manage data with the use of data system · Assist in the optimization of testing parameters and development of new methods for application · Maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment · Drafting SOPs and preparing experiment reports.
What You’ll Bring
· Hands-on experience working in chemistry labs · Experiences in maintenance and calibration of equipment · Willingness to learn quickly and work efficiently to meet target goals · Meticulous attitude in data tracking, observation and note taking, as well as communicating with the engineers · Willingness to collaborate and take on challenges in unfamiliar areas · Experience with chemical handling and powder processing is a plus for processing role · Experience with analytical testing is a plus for analytical role
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
$23.60 - $65.40/hour + cash and stock awards + benefits
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice
Your application has been successfully submitted.