Red Team Security Engineer, Vehicle Software
What to Expect
We are looking for a highly motivated penetration tester to help Tesla to continue raising the bar on security to work on Model S, 3, X, Y and future projects.
Tesla’s “connected cars” are backed by a large infrastructure of systems that provide critical data to vehicles. The security of these systems is the highest importance. Tesla’s Red Team members carry out attacks and security assessments to aid assurance that security has been properly implemented.
As a Red Team Engineer for Tesla, you will get an opportunity to attack Tesla products and services. Successful candidates will have passion for pwning and a desire to make the world a better place. If you enjoy CTFs and finding new vulnerabilities, this position is calling your name.
We are in need of Red Team members with experience in attacking a wide range of targets including network infrastructure, Windows/Linux/UNIX servers, web applications and embedded devices.
What You’ll Do
· Breaking everything you touch (and helping us fix it).
· Conducting penetration tests against Tesla networks and services.
· Performing security assessments on third-party services and software.
· Collaborating with engineers to develop secure services.
· Auditing source code for security vulnerabilities.
· Develop/implement automated systems to help spot known security exposures.
What You’ll Bring
· BS in Computer Science, Physics, Computer Engineering, Information Security, Electrical Engineering or proof of exceptional skills in related fields, with practical software engineering experience.
· Strong experience with secure architecture design.
· Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
· Security experience in one or more of: C, C++, PHP, Go, BF (No, not really), x86, ARM, CAN, cryptography, reverse engineering, wireless networks, common web vulnerabilities (SQLi, XSS, CSRF), exploit development.
· Strong penetration testing experience.
· Strong experience auditing code and features.
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
$88,000 - $318,000/annual salary + cash and stock awards + benefits
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice
Your application has been successfully submitted.