FullStack Software Engineer - Fleetnet, Vehicle Software
What to Expect
Come join a small team of experts building the systems that connect Tesla and our customers to their cars.
Companies have talked for years about the future of "connected cars." At Tesla, we’re at the forefront of innovation by providing a complete suite of rich backend services to our exponentially growing fleets. Our team specialized in IoT communication and server-side software. We're in charge of every remote interaction with the vehicles (remote control, remote diagnostic, vehicle telemetry for self-learning Autopilot algorithm, APIs for mobile apps, etc.). We constantly send over-the-air software updates to deliver new features and improvements to our customers.
We are looking for a motivated software engineer specialized in web services and distributed systems. You will be building a highly-scalable platform that will deliver functionality to millions of Tesla devices and users.
What You’ll Do
- Architect, maintain and improve Tesla's Connected Systems UI codebase. Build scalable, performant, maintainable and well-tested features.
- Design APIs in close cooperation with other teams and stakeholders.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a related field.
- 3+ years of strong web development experience building highly-reliable, mission-critical software.
- Extensive experience with frontend and backend development, with frequent production releases.
- Experience with Rails, React, ES6 and Webpack.
Nice to have
- Go and Kubernetes
- Deep knowledge of best practices, information security, and API design principles.
- Experience with gathering and building requirements from multiple stakeholders.
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
$104,000 - $348,000/annual salary + cash and stock awards + benefits
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice
Your application has been successfully submitted.