Product Security Engineer - Vehicle Software
What to Expect
We are looking for a highly motivated engineer specializing in product security to work on Model S, X, 3 and future R&D projects. Other car companies have talked for years about a future of "connected cars." At Tesla, we make it happen. We regularly send over-the-air software updates to our Model S and Model X fleet, seamlessly delivering new features and improvements to our customers. Our mobile applications allow customers to interact with their cars via real-time, low-latency two-way communication. We also build tools for our internal sales, delivery, and service teams. Today we remotely identify potential vehicle issues before a customer does—and often fix problems remotely too. To this end information and product security is of the utmost importance.
As a Product Security Engineer for Tesla you will be expected to analyze system services, operating systems, networks and applications from a security perspective. You will be expected to be skilled at discovering security issues and recommending patches. You will participate in security audits, risk analysis, vulnerability testing and security reviews.
What You’ll Do
- Help ensure Tesla's products are implemented to a high security standard: Model S / Model X / Model 3 / Roadster / Powerwall / infrastructure.
- Work with teams to implement, identify and advance security at Tesla.
- Conduct penetration tests and risk assessments in an automotive environment.
- Work with Tesla teams and external suppliers to drive remediation. Help to design a secure connected vehicle architecture.
- Audit embedded code to identify security vulnerabilities.
- Lead security initiatives and serve as a point of contact.
- Work with vendors, partners, and other Tesla teams to drive remediation.
- Conduct risk assessments to prioritize threats and compare mitigation strategies.
- Assist design teams in developing secure automotive systems.
What You’ll Bring
- BS in Computer Science, Physics, Computer Engineering, Information Security, Electrical Engineering or proof of exceptional skills in related fields, with practical software engineering experience.
- Strong investigative and analytical problem solving skills.
- Experience with secure architecture design. Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Security expertise in one or more of: C, C++, x86, ARM, CAN, cryptography, exploit development.
- Penetration testing experience.
- Proficient in software development, auditing code and features.
- Automotive & Hardware experience a plus but not required.
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
$104,000 - $360,000/annual salary + cash and stock awards + benefits
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice
Your application has been successfully submitted.