Infrastructure Security Engineer - Vehicle Software
What to Expect
As an Infrastructure Security Engineer for Tesla you will analyze fleet connectivity services, continuous integration systems, networks and applications from a security perspective. We are looking for individuals that are skilled at discovering security issues in both source code and in the environment where applications are running. You will get the chance to participate in security audits, risk analysis, vulnerability testing and security reviews.
What You’ll Do
- Work with teams to implement, identify and advance security at Tesla.
- Conduct penetration tests and risk assessments of the environments relating to our product lifecycle.
- Identify software supply chain risks, design and implement mitigations.
- Audit deployment systems, cloud infrastructure and orchestration systems.
- Lead security initiatives and serve as a point of contact.
- Work with vendors, partners, and other Tesla teams to drive remediation.
- Conduct risk assessments to prioritize threats and compare mitigation strategies.
- Assist design teams in developing secure connected systems.
What You’ll Bring
- BS in Computer Science, Physics, Computer Engineering, Information Security, Electrical Engineering or proof of exceptional skills in related fields, with practical software engineering experience.
- Strong investigative and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Experience with secure architecture design. Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Security expertise in one or more of: Rust, Go, Ruby, C#, C/C++.
- Experience with securing one or more of: CI/CD, Artifactory, Kubernetes, Docker, Public Key Infrastructure.
- Knowledge securing software development environments.
- Penetration testing experience.
- Proficient in software development, auditing code and features.
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
$104,000 - $360,000/annual salary + cash and stock awards + benefits
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice
Your application has been successfully submitted.