Tool and Die Supervisor
What to Expect
The successful candidate will have experience in all facets of Tool & Die related to high pressure die casting. New Die construction, repair and maintenance supervision and leadership experience in supporting both steady production as well as new product and/or new die/mold. The candidate needs to be well-versed in various tool and die craftmanship skills, operating machine shop equipment, and Tool Steel Welding, breakdown management, root cause investigation and problem recurrence prevention, PM system development and implementation, and spare parts management.
This person must be able to build upon previous successes and take our Tool & Die team to the next level. He/she must be capable of collaborating with cross-functional teams and department leaders to address concerns and issues that affect safety, part quality, production efficiency and die/mold function. The successful candidate will also have exceptional communication, interpersonal, organizational, and management skills, demonstrating the ability to be an innovator and change agent.
What You’ll Do
- Supervision of hourly Tool & Die Specialists. This is a hands-on working supervisor role.
- Manpower management: day to day line support; PM and repair tasks; vacation scheduling; OT & weekend work scheduling.
- Definition of daily tasks and setting directions for the team
- Interaction with Production, Manufacturing Engineering and Design Engineering
- Interaction with customer departments and managers (Body in White, General Assembly)
- Standards development and creation of procedure and methods as well as maintaining updates as required
- Project management of repair, refurbishment, and engineering change implementation projects
- Assist with budget development and reporting.
- Maintain spare parts inventory. Identify and order needed parts, maintain tracking system.
- Skill level development of the team including training and development of individual objectives
What You’ll Bring
- Completion of a Tool & Die apprenticeship or equivalent OJT experience
- 5+ years’ experience in supervision and leadership
- 5+ years of extensive experience with building, maintaining, and repairing Large high pressure die cast molds
- Project management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Ability to motivate in high pressure situations
- Ability to develop individualized development plans to improve weaknesses and leverage strengths
- Open minded, highly flexible, positive attitude
- Good overall people management skill
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice
Your application has been successfully submitted.