ADAS Test Operator
What to Expect
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to accelerate our vehicle-level testing for all current and future Autopilot features on the path to full self-driving. The ADAS Test Operator will be responsible to identify improvements and regressions across software iterations. A strong candidate will be objectively focused when making judgements, highly organized with a great attention to detail, and a self-starter.
This role could require the flexibility of traveling to domestic and international destinations as necessary, to test vehicles on public roads, test tracks and proving grounds. The position is based in Toronto (Mississauga), ON.
What You’ll Do
- Survey the local region and design routes with perspective scenarios for Autopilot testing.
- Design test specs and create judgement criteria using tools such as XRAY.
- Study and familiarize the latest Autopilot and other relevant vehicle features.
- Execute real-world testing according to test specifications, as well as providing ad-hoc support for specifically requested scenarios.
- Analyze test data, triage software issues and abnormal vehicle behaviors using Tesla in-house designed proprietary software tools.
- Communicate with developers and test engineers, be on-call for questions/comments if necessary.
- Maintain and document test vehicle condition, coordinate repairs/retrofits as necessary.
- Support any other vehicle engineering testing as needed.
What You’ll Bring
- Clean driving record and safe driving habits. Good navigation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and highly observational.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Excellent computer software skills, particularly MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Experience working with various operating systems: MacOS, Windows, Linux. Comfortable navigating between files systems, managing data transfers.
- Command Line Interface experience required.
- Familiarity with ADAS/Autopilot systems and their sensors.
- Basic knowledge of vehicle systems and how they work, such as brakes and power assisted steering, is preferred.
- Must be comfortable driving prototype vehicles during testing that may lack safety features or contain safety risks.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice
Your application has been successfully submitted.