Tesla Toronto Controls Software Automation Engineering Internship/Co-Op (Fall 2023)
What to Expect
Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around August 2023 and continue through the entire Fall term (i.e. through December) or into Spring 2024 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize and develop emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions where they will grow technically, professionally, and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows the intern to experience life at Tesla by including them in projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Location: Greater Toronto Area
The Tesla Toronto Automation Controls team is looking for a Software Automation Engineer to join our team. You will help to develop machine and process concepts along with several Controls Engineers. Candidate will help program all controls components such as PLC, safety devices, HMI, servo drives and process hardware from power-on to debug, and finally to process fine tuning and validation.
What You’ll Do
· Currently pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Computer Science, or related programs
· Coursework in analog and digital circuits, control systems, logic, and programming
· Exposure to programming microcontrollers
· Proficiency with CAD (AutoCAD, CATIA, SolidWorks)
· Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
· Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
· Well organized with meticulous attention to detail
· Self-motivated and able to work under minimal supervision
· Willingness and ability to learn new technologies and take on different assignments
· Mastery of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
What You’ll Bring
· Strong propensity to build, assemble, fix and program things
· Use of common power and hand tools
· Programming experience in C++, Python, SQL or similar language
· Industrial electrical panel design
· PLC programming (Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Beckhoff or similar)
· HMI/SCADA programming (Allen-Bradley, Beckhoff, Ignition or similar)
· Servo motors and controllers (Kinetix or similar)
Compensation and Benefits
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice
Your application has been successfully submitted.