Lead Product Manager - Payments Fraud and Risk (Remote US)
The HubSpot Product team is passionate about building tools that help small and medium-sized businesses market, sell, serve their customers, and ultimately grow better. We build for more than 150,000 customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our team has scaled rapidly over the past few years, and our need for empathetic, adaptable, and remarkable product leaders has grown in kind.
Our product leaders have a few things in common: they are strong visionaries with previous success in defining a strategic roadmap, delivering a business plan, and positioning products in the market successfully. They are able to work autonomously, lead transparently, and they prioritize product and people over strict processes.
The HubSpot Payments Fraud Product team is responsible for providing a safe experience for Merchants interested in taking advantage of HubSpot payments capabilities. As the Product Lead, you will be responsible for the product strategy to mitigate fraud and credit risk to HubSpot and its merchants.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Create vision and roadmap in partnership with engineering and risk operations for building payments fraud prevention solutions.
- Drive our strategy, prioritization, product roadmap & guide new product ideas from an initial concept all the way to product launch
- Use data to identify threats, strategize to execute these changes, and partner with business stakeholders across HubSpot to make these solutions for our customers
- Define, analyze and own fraud loss (and success) metrics that inform the success of your given product area
- Create and drive monthly roadmap reviews reporting on progress including blockers with leadership
- Directly manage and coach Product Managers on their career paths, helping them to learn and grow within HubSpot.
- Someone who can add to the culture of the product team and cares about diversity, inclusion and belonging
We are looking for people who have:
- Proven track record of building and leading small product teams
- 5+ years in Payments Fraud Product Management
- Strong technical experience to drive development of systems/profile scoring for merchants in collaboration with product, design, eng, growth, data, risk operations and legal teams to optimize processes and workflows.
- Experience with AI/ML and UEBA to drive fraud prevention and operational systems automation
- The ability to make decisions, test assumptions with A/B testing, and iterate - often without perfect information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the willingness to defend their ideas to key stakeholders
- Proven leadership skills, and the ability to make decisions, test assumptions, and iterate - often without perfect information
- Experience with existing and emerging vendors in the industry dealing with Payments fraud and risk, risk tooling for operations and automation.
- Excellent collaboration skills to partner with engineering, design, UX research, analytics, growth, product and others
- A multidisciplinary approach to combining market, business and technical insights to identify risks and weigh tradeoffs with growth
- The ability to articulate product vision to a variety of audiences (growth, commerce product, security)
- Experience with complex growth initiatives and product rollouts
- Healthy technical and interpersonal problem-solving skills
Cash compensation range: 168000-252000 USD Annually
This resource will help guide how we recommend thinking about the range you see. Learn more about HubSpot’s compensation philosophy from Katie Burke, HubSpot’s Chief People Officer.
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offersto help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
Per HubSpot’s policy all employees who wish to work @office or @flex or to visit an office in-person must be fully-vaccinated. At this time, @remote employees are not required to be vaccinated.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.