Marketing Director - TikTok Canada
Toronto, ON, Canada
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
TikTok's Marketing team helps ensure we're delivering on this mission through all of our marketing and communication efforts, helping set the brand tone and bring the brand story to life through constant marketing innovation across advertising, digital engagement and social storytelling. We're looking for a Marketing Director who can partner with a diverse team of highly skilled marketing and functional experts to help bring us beyond our brand ambitions and help drive the next phase of TikTok's growth.
- Develop and own TikTok Canada marketing plans, delivering on our content, product and user goals.
- Develop and drive evergreen marketing strategies and brand narratives across internal, owned and earned channels; creating consistent and cohesive messages among key constituents.
- Drive growth and engagement by working with central marketing teams to plan and execute paid and earned media.
- Oversee brand and segment marketing programs across marketing channels while localizing and executing against global brand efforts.
- Work with marketing teams to track and report engagement, growth and other KPIs and optimize strategy accordingly.
- Develop best-in-class content campaigns, being responsible for strategic vision, concept, execution, engagement and measurement.
- Work closely with the Central Marketing team in the US to research, build and align on the company’s brand purpose in CA, identify strategic partnerships and platforms to bring the purpose to life.
- Build and lead a team of marketing & brand specialists.
- Elevate and support creative programs and spotlight users and communities.
- Create a narrative and calendar of key moments to best communicate the TikTok brand and purpose to the broadest fan and media audience in the most compelling way.
- Partner with Communications to execute media strategies and PR programs to ensure quality media coverage.
- Create local Influencer and Events campaigns to be best-in-class at brand experiential and partnership activations.
- Creates a discipline and expertise around data, analytics and insights that can be monetized to grow the business.
- 10+ years of experience working on global brands with a proven expertise in developing brand community strategies and messaging vehicles w/ a strong digital/social/experiential foundation.
- 4+ years prior management experience leading projects and a team.
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to build community based on prior experience leveraging research and insights.
- Proven track record of independently managing successful campaigns including planning, testing, creative development and ongoing optimization across social media and experiential.
- Understanding of what drives pop culture in key markets.
- Ability to allocate resources both effectively and efficiently under time pressure with high attention to detail.
- Ability to think about community at a regional level and how it is impacted from a global level.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, along with impeccable creative taste.
Your application has been successfully submitted.