Director Comms Connected Home and Wireless
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
We are looking for a seasoned communications leader who understands how to build strong narratives, create compelling content and drive results. In this role, you will use your expertise to develop and execute on strategies to protect and advance corporate reputation, engage employees and enable business results.
You are naturally curious, creative and a true driver. You don’t mind operating in shades of grey and thrive in fast-paced, high-energy working environments. You know how to build strong relationships both across an organization and externally. Ideal candidates will have 8-10 years experience in communications and in leading great teams—either for a company, a third party or government. If this sounds like you, we would love to meet you!
This full-time position is based in Toronto and reports to the Senior Director, Communications.
What you will do:
- Develop and drive a best-in-class communications program to support and promote Rogers Connected Home (residential) and Wireless businesses and reputation
- Partner with colleagues across communications and business teams to create compelling content to leverage internally and externally
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with cross-functional colleagues and leadership teams to align on shared goals and strategies
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with journalists, industry analysts and public & private sector partners
- Produce and deliver effective employee and leader communications and change management programs
- Manage key issues to build and protect Rogers reputation
- Coach and motivate a small, high-performing team
What you have:
- University degree and/or diploma in communications, public relations or journalism
- 8-10+ years experience in communications, ideally in corporate, third party, public affairs and/or government roles
- Ability to develop and drive a sustained, strategic internal and external communications program that delivers measurable results
- Strong political acuity with a sophisticated understanding of how to drive relevant, timely external narratives
- Strategic and creative thinker who can distill complex ideas into simple, compelling content to inform, influence and engage
- Proven ability to partner with C-suite executives, leadership and cross-functional teams and are comfortable
- Ability to take initiative, hustle, be resourceful, highly accountable and proactive
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, and succeed in a highly matrixed environment
Your application has been successfully submitted.