AIML - Sr iOS Engineer, Siri Orchestration
Posted: Feb 20, 2023
Weekly Hours: 40
Create ground-breaking technology for next generation of voice assistant technology that will user in the next revolution of human-computer interaction. Join the team that is redefining the very core of Siri, building the very foundations that power Siri voice assistant and Dictation across billions of Apple devices!
- Min 10 years of professional/industry software engineering experience.
- Substantial individual technical contributions to code, inclusive of design, deployment, and ongoing support
- Provide technical leadership/take accountability for engineering quality
- Drive definition and adoption of engineering standard methodologies
- Have shipped products to production, and supported/extended them post launch.
- Has driven technical decision-making and software development from product
- definition to ship for multiple shipped products.
- Experience mentoring engineers up to Sr, backed by compelling examples.
- Have shipped production mobile client code at scale (both users and number of developers).
Siri’s Runtime Platform team is looking for resourceful software engineer to develop Siri’s next generation of natural interaction platforms on Apple’s innovative devices! You should be eager to do hands-on work to improve and build features to help improve overall Siri capabilities. You should enjoy working in a rapidly changing environment with changing priorities, be passionate about using new technologies to solve real problems and to improve the state of intelligent assistants.
This role requires someone with deep experience developing, launching, maintaining, and extending products. A hire for this role will accelerate the team through helping to develop standard methodologies, mentoring other engineers, coaching strong architecture design, and substantial individual technical contributions.
While this role does not initially come with reports, it will have both technical and leadership accountabilities. The right candidate has enough leadership experience to build, mentor, and lead a small team.
- • Coach solid design practices
- • Coach team accountability for quality through code reviews, design reviews, etc
- • Mentor individual engineers
- • Fully own and drive substantial features end-to-end as a DRI, where features are of a scope requiring multiple engineers and/or partners in other fields to deliver
- • Be actively involved in collaborating on product direction, giving feedback in the right way to the team, and bringing new issues up in a safe and constructive way for team discussion. This person should be a role model for how to be a proactive team member
- • Build, mentor, and grow a team around themselves as we scale up. This person should be able to define staffing needs, execute our hiring process, and build the right team needed to execute on product.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $144,500 and $250,000, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
- Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
- Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.
Your application has been successfully submitted.