Senior Software Engineer- Apple Cloud Security
Posted: Feb 21, 2023
Weekly Hours: 40
Do you have a passion for Security? We're a diverse organization with a culture of collaboration and inclusivity. We value the positive impact diverse perspectives have on our team and our products. The Apple Cloud Security software engineering team behind iCloud services and the infrastructure that powers it, is looking for senior software engineers to take on new and complicated software problems as well as implement new security products and features. You will collaborate with other developers, site reliability engineers, and security teams to write software to protect ACS services. You will design and implement a secure foundation for services at Apple.
In this role you will write and own software that runs on all of Apple’s cloud fleet to ensure it has the best security in the world.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality enterprise software with numerous years of proven experience using an object oriented coding language
- Experience writing software in one or more of C, C++, Objective-C, Swift, Golang, Rust, and Java
- Understanding of the full Software development lifecycle
- Exposure to distributed systems design patterns and security implications, as well as common infrastructure components including some of: network architecture, server fleet provisioning and configuration, load balancing, virtualization, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of technologies such as Web Services, JSON, HTTP, SSL, TCP/IP, Caching solutions, application performance tuning
- Understanding of Object Oriented and SOA design concepts
- Experience with a Unix like OS, and Shell Scripts
- Exposure to Cryptography concepts such X.509, Public/Private key Encryption, and Symmetric Encryption
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment on fast paced projects
We own design, implementation, and execution of applications for Security use cases. Goals for this role will include authoring software that does security authentication and authorization at Apple’s scale.
We handle ambiguity quite often at Apple. We are looking for someone who has experience distilling use cases and requirements down to make them into software applications.
Another vital aspect of this role is teamwork. We regularly partner with our direct team and stakeholders on projects. We are a small team with a large footprint and strive to establish phenomenal partnerships with cross functional teams.
We are looking for someone who is an excellent written and verbal communicator.
Education & Experience
The ideal candidate will have at least 7 years of relevant industry experience. A computer science or engineering degree is helpful, but not required.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $115,000 and $217,500, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
- Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
- Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.
Your application has been successfully submitted.