AIML - Machine Learning Engineer, Siri and Information Intelligence
Posted: Feb 21, 2023
Weekly Hours: 40
We are looking for engineers with a passion for using machine learning to create intelligent applications. In this highly accomplished, deeply technical and close-knit team machine learning specialists, software engineers and infra experts, you will create products that are used by millions of people. You will design and implement new machine learning algorithms and techniques and collaborate with the most innovative product development teams in the world. Our team researches new machine learning algorithms, models and techniques that will power amazingly intelligent user experiences. We want new ambitious team members to join our research ML group. In this role, we create new models and algorithms for some of the most results-oriented problems in NLP and machine learning. We build groundbreaking natural language understanding technologies and deploy them on a global scale. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to cool projects around Apple, and use your data science, machine learning and analytical skills to transfer your ideas into solutions for some of the most challenging technical problems in the next generation of products that will delight millions of people.
- * Academic / Proven experience in NLP and Machine Learning, or similar experience in developing language technologies for shipping products.
- * Strong coding and software engineering skills in a mainstream programming language, such as Python, Go, C/C++.
- * Familiarity with NLP/ML tools and packages like TensorFlow, pyTorch etc.
- * Practical experience building production quality applications related to natural language processing and machine learning.
- * In-depth knowledge of machine learning algorithms and ability to apply them in data driven natural language processing systems.
- * Ability to quickly prototype ideas / solutions, perform critical analysis, and use creative approaches for solving complex problems.
- * Ability to collaborate closely with multi-functional teams
- * Clear oral and written communication
As a member of the ML Research team, you have the opportunity to design and evaluate new algorithms, models and methods that will impact Apple and the broad ML community. You will also collaborate with teams across Apple, who are building the newest, most compelling intelligent applications in the world. You will also be a trusted advisor for machine learning development. Your responsibilities include: - Researching, nurturing, developing and implementing innovative NLP techniques to further language understanding capabilities at Apple - Transferring novel machine learning solutions to improve various search and assistant product usecases. - Implementing and launching end-to-end user facing improvements using performant and efficient ML models. - Implementing tools, data pipelines and evaluation frameworks to enable development , iteration and launching ML ideas within the product scope.
Education & Experience
- Masters/PhD in Machine learning, NLP, Statistics, Computer Science or related field with a strong academic track record OR - Bachelors in Computer Science or related field with a strong academic track record and 2+ years of industry experience working on Applied ML/NLP/Search Ranking problems.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $115,000 and $217,500, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
- Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
- Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.
Your application has been successfully submitted.