Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Posted: Feb 8, 2023
Weekly Hours: 40
The Apple Media Products Engineering team is one of the most exciting examples of Apple’s long-held passion for combining art and technology. These are the people who power the App Store, Apple TV, Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, and Apple Books. And they do it on a massive scale, meeting Apple’s high expectations with high performance to deliver a huge variety of entertainment in over 35 languages to more than 150 countries.
These engineers build secure, end-to-end solutions. They develop the custom software used to process all the creative work, the tools that providers use to deliver that media, all the server-side systems, and the APIs for many Apple services.
- At least 5 years in a Reliability Engineering, DevOps or infrastructure focused role
- Passion for designing and building reliable systems
- Advanced experience with programming languages (GoLang, Python, Java, C++)
- Deep systems and infrastructure knowledge
- Automation advocate - you truly believe in removing operation load with software
- Experience with deploying, supporting and monitoring new and existing services, platforms, and application stacks
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Experience with scale testing, disaster recovery, and capacity planning
- Familiarity with microservices architecture and container orchestration with Kubernetes
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results on time with high quality
Apple Media Content SRE is responsible for designing, building and running a diverse set of services that ingest, transform and manage all media content across products like the App Store, Apple Music and, Apple TV+.
Whether it’s the latest episode of the Morning Show, a new album from your favorite artist or a brand new iOS app destined for the App Store you will make sure our systems are highly available, fast and efficient. You’ll interact with a diverse range of system types -- public facing web & API developer services like App Store Connect & TestFlight, pipeline based transformation systems such as iOS binary processing and audio & video transcoding as well as internal business systems and machine learning models.
Culturally we believe in a close partnership with our development teams and aim to design & build new services together. We're passionate about software and automation in SRE and develop a variety of tooling and infrastructure. Our services run on mixed platforms - many run on our bare metal fleet which you will help transition to new Kubernetes microservices.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or Equivalent (5+ years of software development or production operations experience in a large-scale environment)
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $130,000 and $242,000, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
- Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
- Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.
Your application has been successfully submitted.