Marketing Manager, Global Messaging
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
Our Global Integrated Marketing & GTM team is on the hunt for a Marketing Manager to help lead our value proposition and messaging strategy for our consumer segment globally. The right person for the job will be equal parts strategic and creative, with an uncanny ability to simplify what we say, and why and how we say it, for our consumer audiences across their journey with PayPal. If you have a passion for a fast-paced, collaborative process when it comes to positioning, messaging, Go-to-Market, and integrated marketing you might just be the right fit.Job Description:
PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 361 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Venmo, Braintree, Honey, and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies, and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Our Global Integrated Marketing & GTM team is on the hunt for a Marketing Manager to help lead our value proposition and messaging strategy for our consumer segment globally. The right person for the job will be equal parts strategic and creative, with an uncanny ability to simplify what we say, and why and how we say it, for our consumer audiences across their journey with PayPal. If you have a passion for a fast-paced, collaborative process when it comes to positioning, messaging, Go-to-Market, and integrated marketing you might just be the right fit.
This role helps to shape how our consumer value proposition is communicated globally. The messaging manager is deeply involved in the complete GTM and marketing process, from defining the value proposition and positioning to articulating the messaging and ensuring it is reflected in our external communications across customer journeys. You'll keep a keen eye on the competition and define how we tell the PayPal story in a relevant and differentiated way, working to expand and grow a loyal consumer base globally. You’ll have a rich understanding of our products but can elevate the functional narrative to tell a compelling customer champion story. You’ll be expected to be a doer as well as a thinker, able to set the strategy but also to scale and implement it globally. You will push PayPal beyond the expected and help define and articulate our brand for hundreds of millions of consumers across the globe.
What You’ll Do at PayPal:
- Define consumer positioning, value props, and messaging strategy globally, getting buy in from executive stakeholders and cross-functional partners along the way.
- Collaborate across functions to bring the positioning and messaging to life in marketing creative as well as product experiences.
- Partner with marketing, content, growth, product, creative teams and agencies to develop compelling content across global marketing channels and consumer touch points, from owned to paid channels.
- Ensure all messaging delivers clear customer benefits, is of the highest quality, and conveys the PayPal’s brand voice and personality
- Build strong partnerships with cross-functional teams including product and product marketing teams, regional marketing teams, content teams, creative, comms, customer experience, , sales enablement and external partners.
What will Make You Successful:
- A background in messaging or content development is a must. Writing comes naturally to you, and you know how to enable others to build great content with your clarity of thought and ability to make complex things feel simple.
- A customer-first mindset. The ability to put yourself in users’ shoes to ensure we live our brand purpose and exude our brand personality through all of our touch points.
- The ability to embrace ambiguity, meet tight deadlines and react to immediate company and project needs from time to time.
- The ability to simply communicate product benefits with a customer-first mindset in a complex landscape.
- A scrappy ability to drive action and strong outcomes. This is a large organization, and you will sit in a global shared service team where resourcefulness is appreciated.
- Great attention to detail with top-notch presentation, written and verbal communications skills.
Additional Job Description:
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is
$82500 to $187990Our Benefits:
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Your application has been successfully submitted.