Product Manager, Hardware - Transit, Bikes & Scooters
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live and get around our communities. Lyft is North America’s leader in micromobility, owning and/or operating bikeshare programs such as Bixi in Montreal and Citi Bike in New York, while also providing scooter service in major cities across the US. We also offer our hardware and software to 45 global markets including London, Mexico City and others, through our recent acquisition of the Montreal-based company, PBSC. Our rapidly growing active fleet includes state-of-the-art electric bikes and scooters, and services tens of millions of rides per year.
We are looking for a Product Manager who will bring exceptional creative and analytical skills to drive forward a best in class product. Product management at Lyft leads the integration of engineering, data science, and design to achieve the company’s vision for reinventing transportation. We are looking for an entrepreneurial and passionate Product Manager to innovate and execute across a rapidly growing, fast paced company and industry from Montreal, where the first automated bikeshare system in North America was developed.
As the Product Manager for Hardware within Transit, Bikes and Scooters (TBS), you will be thinking about our overall Hardware strategy, including our long-term roadmap, ecosystem and our individual vehicle platforms. You will lead cross-functional teams to build safe and compelling vehicles our riders will love, and cities will feel confident deploying, while maintaining a high degree of safety and order. In addition to sustaining existing vehicles, you will drive the prioritization of new feature sets and strategically develop new vehicle platforms to ensure that TBS deploys the most cost effective vehicles to market.
- Understand Lyft's strategic and competitive position in order to set your team's goals, success metrics and roadmap to align with Lyft's mission and drive maximum impact based on data analysis, market research and usability studies
- Completely own your team's products, existing or new, from ideation, through development, to launch, growth and maintenance
- Lead and align cross functional partners and teams: engineers, designers, analysts, marketers, business partners and operations to drive a shared vision for new hardware products, and ongoing sustaining work on in-market products
- Identify and resolve systemic product issues impacting Lyft markets and customers and aggressively take action to resolve
- Communicate clearly roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executives
- Experience in product management, product design or equivalent consulting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field or relevant work experience preferred
- Experience developing and deploying end to end hardware products
- Experience developing and shipping B2B hardware products is a plus
- Experience with micromobility vehicles and platforms is a plus, but not required
- Passion for Lyft and what we are trying to achieve in sustainable urban transportation
- Natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized and structured way. Be able to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Excellent judgment and thoughtfulness about the dynamics of a product ecosystem
- Strong communication skills and intuition for communication strategy at every level - within teams, within the company, to users, to press, and other audiences
- Experience leading post-launch optimizations including developing testing and product improvement strategies
- Ability to conceptualize, manage and prioritize multiple projects for stakeholders
- Detail oriented with superior organizational skills - balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and requests should be second nature to you
- Experience in hardware project/program management, release management, or a technical support function
- Bilingual (English/French): ability to communicate effectively in English (for dealing with English-speaking colleagues outside Quebec)
- Extended health and dental coverage options, along with life insurance and disability benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- Access to a Health Care Savings Account
- In addition to provincial observed holidays, team members get 15 days paid time off, with an additional day for each year of service
- 4 Floating Holidays each calendar year prorated based off of date of hire
- 10 paid sick days per year regardless of province
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
Lyft proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offences, or any other basis protected by applicable law or by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Accommodation for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request in accordance with applicable law during the application and hiring process. Please contact your recruiter now if you wish to make such a request.
Your application has been successfully submitted.