Winter 2021 Intern - Software Engineer - Tableau
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Tableau helps people see and understand data. We design products that are fast, easy, and beautiful—products that anyone can use to solve problems and make a difference in the world.
People at Tableau are builders, tinkerers, and collaborators. Our teams are constantly bringing their deep expertise, skill sets and ideas together to drive new features and products that improve people’s lives—you’ll do real work and make an impact, immediately.
Want to write code for Tableau’s latest releases that will reach more than a million people around the globe? Navigate large-scale, complex technical challenges in a fast development cycle? Receive world-class mentorship and connect with some of the brightest people in the industry? Oh, and have a blast while you’re doing it?
Join our 2021 Tableau intern class! Not only will you build great products, you get to hear from our leadership, attend intern-exclusive events, give back to your community through volunteer events and more. Discover a summer of new opportunities and experience what sets Tableau apart.
What you'll be doing...
As a Software Engineer Intern, you will work on joint projects right alongside your very own mentor and manager. Over a 12 to 16-week time period, you’ll work in an area within Tableau’s forward-thinking product interests such as Data, Analytics, AtScale, Product Operations, User Experience and Platform and Infrastructure. Your specific project will be determined a few months before you start, but don’t worry – we’ll get your input before making placements. The best part is, the work you do will be included as part of a shipping project within six to twelve months.
A few more things you'll be working on...
• Designing and implementing features in existing and new products.
• Authoring automated tests (unit test and black box tests) and other development processes.
• Working with customers, support, and QA to resolve bugs and support issues.
• Reviewing and providing detailed feedback on documentation and test plans for features.
Who you are...
• Rock Star Student. Pursuing your Undergrad, Masters or PhD in Computer Science or a related field.
• A True Team Player. You enjoy thoughtfully collaborating, learning from or teaching others so we can all become better developers.
• Passionate. You are enthusiastic about technology and the work you do. You believe in and are dedicated to advancing our mission. You always want to do your best to delight customers, help your team and strive for excellence.
Your application has been successfully submitted.