Data Architect (CSG - Professional Services)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Professional Services group is responsible for working directly with Salesforce customers to not only enable our customers to be successful but also help them to be successful through high quality project delivery based work. Salesforce Data Architects are responsible for, but not limited to the following: data modeling, data migration and data integration, ETL tooling, data best practices, data movement, and the building of end to end data solutions for our customers.
The Data Architect is a key contributor in the delivery of the successful design and management around cloud based solutions and technologies. These technologies include but are not limited to: Salesforce.com products and APIs, Apex/Visualforce, Lightning, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku, integration/ETL technologies. The Data Architect position also requires the individuals to maintain ongoing comprehensive understanding of not only the Salesforce cloud-computing ecosystem but also of data migration/integration tools, patterns and best practices.
- Working closely with Delivery Managers, Functional Solution Architects, Technical Architects and clients in order support the technology solution architecture through applying data architecture principles
- Designing data migration and integration solutions which support the successful delivery of the proposed technical solution
- Leading and mentor the data team on the project
- Enforcing sound data migration and integration best practices in order to ensure the quality delivery of the enterprise solutions
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the client
- Working collaboratively and having very strong communications skills, especially in teaching complex concepts, and creative, prescriptive thinking
- Identifying and leading internal strategic initiatives to grow the consulting practice; serving as an active contributor to the overall knowledge base and expertise of the community
- Conduct data requirement working sessions focused on data object mapping, data transformation and planning directly with the functional architect, technical architect, and client stakeholders
- Collaborate with functional and technical architect(s) to help finalize the Salesforce data model necessary for successful project delivery
- Develop and/or lead project data consultants with end to end Salesforce object data migration/integration scripts used in one time migrations, delta loading migrations, ongoing integrations
- Perform and/or lead necessary unit testing on all developed data scripts
- Work directly with QA team to review UAT test cases in an effort to ensure accurate data is migrated and available for testing
- Perform and/or lead project data consultants in dry run data load testing
- Development and refinement of production deployment documentation related to data migration and integration
- Complete data related technical documentation necessary for successful project close out
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- BA/BS degree or foreign equivalent
- 8+ years experience in developing technology solutions
- 5+ years experience in managing external client projects from a data solution perspective
- 3+ years experience with Salesforce platform and technologies
- Ability to mentally reverse engineer existing data models into a conceptual, logical data model construct
- Strong conceptual and logical data modeling skills
- Possesses strong knowledge of data modeling principles and best practices
- Expected to be able use various data modeling tools and processes as required
- Open minded to collaborate with various team and be able to both give and handle constructive feedback
- Specializes in gathering and analyzing information and designing comprehensive solutions that are flexible and adaptable the client's needs.
- Ability to develop extensible and flexible data models based on long term strategy, and articulate benefit of reuse
- Able to design integrated data model based on understanding of business, and use of abstracted concepts
- Relevant salesforce certifications
- Experience overseeing team members.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Cutting edge innovator who continually studies new technologies and functionality, and is involved in projects that push the capabilities of existing technologies.
- Travel to client site (average of 50%), but may be higher or lower based on the client engagement.
- PASSION: Passionate about Customer Success
- BEGINNERS MIND: Always learning; approaches each interaction with open mind; great listener and hands-on
- LEADERSHIP: Self-aware and strategic thinker; proficient at building strong relationships
- COMMUNICATOR: Speaks and writes with clarity, brevity, and purpose; explains area of expertise clearly and confidently to others; influences and engages C-Level with authority and confidence
- STORYTELLER: Confidently and effectively facilitates and presents; ably defends point-of-view; keeps audiences engaged and delivers a clear and memorable message
- TEAM PLAYER: Proficient at collaboration and working with members of a team
- URGENCY: Ability to move fast and drive business value and results
- OHANA: Embodies Aloha culture; a team player that everyone enjoys working with and has a generous heart
- TRUST: Trusts the company’s core values; shows integrity, transparency, and reliability
- ADAPTABLE: Excels in high levels of uncertainty and change
- COMMUNITY CHAMPION: Leads internal initiatives; actively contributes to the Community’s knowledge and resource base
Your application has been successfully submitted.