Cloud Data Engineer
Toronto, ON, Canada
There is never a typical day at Accenture, but that’s why we love it here! This is an extraordinary chance to begin a rewarding career at Accenture Technology. Immersed in a digitally compassionate and innovation-led environment, here is where you can help top clients shift to the New using leading-edge technologies on the most ground-breaking projects imaginable.
Interested in building end-to-end marketing solutions for clients? Bring your talent and join Data which operates in the Interactive, Mobility and Analytics space. You will have opportunities to get involved in digital marketing, eCommerce and end-to-end mobility capabilities to help clients to improve productivity and more!
WORK YOU’LL DO
- Work across the Service Delivery Lifecycle to analyze, design, build, test, implement and/or maintain multiple system components or applications for Accenture or our clients
- Responsible for the maintenance, improvement, cleaning, and manipulation of data in the business’s operational and analytics databases
- Support our database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance
- Manages small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture
WHO WE´RE LOOKING FOR?
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Data Engineer
- Must have experience with one of the Cloud Technologies (Azure or AWS)
- Azure cloud includes Spark, Python, Databricks, Synapse, Snowflake, Data Factory and ADLS
- AWS cloud includes Glue, EC2, EMR, Athena, redshift, Snowflake, S3, Spark, Python and Databricks
- Experience with Big Data technologies like MapReduce, Pig, Hive, HBase, Sqoop, Flume, YARN, Kafka, Storm and etc.
- 2+ years of experience with at least one SQL language such as T-SQL or PL/SQL
- 2+ years of work experience with ETL and data modeling
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience in both batch and stream processing technologies
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Java, C++, Scala
- Machine learning experience with Spark or similar
- Must be eligible for security clearance
- Microsoft /AWS Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate/ AWS Certified Data Analytics (Specialty)
Professional Skills Qualifications:
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to work creatively in a problem-solving environment.
- Desire to work in an information systems environment.
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in professional setting; either military or civilian.
WHAT´S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive benefits, including a fair and balanced parental leave policy.
- Fantastic opportunities to develop your career across industries with local and global clients.
- Performance achievement and career mentorship: our performance management process focuses on your strengths, progress and career possibilities.
- Opportunities to get involved in corporate citizenship initiatives, from volunteering to charity work.
Your application has been successfully submitted.