Senior Data Scientist
Toronto, ON, Canada
Job Description – Senior Data Scientist
Location: Montreal, Ottawa & Toronto
Job Description Overview
The people who love using data to tell a story. We’re also the world’s largest team of data scientists, data engineers, and experts in machine learning and AI. A great day for us? Solving big problems using the latest tech, serious brain power, and deep knowledge of just about every industry. We believe a mix of data, analytics, automation, and responsible AI can do almost anything—spark digital metamorphoses, widen the range of what humans can do, and breathe life into smart products and services. Want to join our crew of sharp analytical minds? Visit us here to find out more about Applied Intelligence.
An expert at solving real-world challenges with data, analytics, AI/ML and creativity. Yes, creativity! You know the theory and you have hands-on expertise from studies, experience and/or self-taught projects. And you’re all about helping clients scale data into value.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide hands-on technical thought leadership, solve large & complex business problems and drive actionable insights for clients
- Prototype & scale AI/ML solutions in production cloud environment to meet business needs
- Stay abreast of AI/ML technologies, academic researches & hands-on techniques
- Participate in development of innovative solutions for clients across functions & industries
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 5 years embracing challenges with data science lifecycle in enterprise setting
- At least 3 years developing & implementing AI/ML models, including professional experience with recommender engine, natural language processing, optimization & operational research, computer vision and deep & classical machine learning
- At least 3 years working with data science tools: e.g. Python, Plotly, Flask & Git
- At least 3 years designing & operating tools & services in cloud environments: e.g. GCP, Azure, AWS & Databricks
- At least 5 years storytelling with data and communicating findings to a non-technical audience
Bonus Point If:
- Graduate degree in data science or related disciplines: e.g. Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering and Physics
- A blend of data science capability, consulting expertise and industry experience (e.g. retail, CPG & loyalty)
- Drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
Your application has been successfully submitted.