Experience Design Lead
Toronto, ON, Canada
Accenture Interactive—a new breed of agency that’s all about the Experience. For us, customer experience is not an add-on; it’s foundational to who we are and how we empower our clients. As the world’s largest, most disruptive agency, we drive lasting growth for clients by helping them design, build, and run meaningful experiences that make people’s lives better, more productive, and more meaningful. We do this in three ways: by transforming organizations through standout products and services; by building and delivering award-winning campaigns so brands can engage and communicate creatively with customers at scale; and by using our top-notch skills to pilot, integrate, scale, and run the platforms that underpin the world’s greatest experiences. Visit us here to learn more about what makes us the Experience Agency.
Digital Products - a part of Accenture Interactive - creates value for our clients, their employees, and their customers. We design and build software that changes the way people work and live. Our team is made up of 300+ employees across the US and Canada. With expertise in product strategy, project management, QA, design thinking, user-experience design/research, and impeccable development for native mobile, web, and embedded systems, we will help bring any omni-channel product vision to reality.
You’re a master of your craft. Design Leads bring demonstrable design leadership and expertise to any project and have a proven ability to act as a decisive product owner, mentor, team player and client partner. Serving as the design lead on simultaneous projects, they can effectively push their teams to deliver exemplary work and to exceed the expectations of the client.
They are tasked to the more challenging and intensive projects to establish solid or lasting client relationships and are also heavily involved in upselling. This role is still very executory in nature when needed: The Design Lead creates app flows, wireframes, sets art direction and runs dev support as necessary, while keeping their eye on ultimate strategic goals.
You thrive working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and relish acting as a mentor to more junior designers. You inspire confidence immediately with a client and are brought in for more challenging or advanced clients, to guide and support other designers. You are inspired by innovative web and mobile design and follow the latest design trends. You’re an organized project team player with the ability to iron out an amorphous process and effectively lead the team’s deliverables, responsibilities and schedule.
- Make sure that best practices are upheld on a project level or within individual mentorship of other designers for their project
- Conviction to champion your perspective while successfully collaborating with other points of view
- Guides the team in the visual direction, style, and methodology
- Lead Designer on simultaneous engagements, overseeing the creative output of a project team or client engagement
- Manages the operations of a project's creative team by setting priorities, assigning resources, and ensuring project goals are achieved
- Leads by example through high engagement and collaboration in group or individual settings and mentorship
- Monitor and drive a project team to utilize the best and latest methods and tools in order to be competitive in the industry
- Offer counsel to clients on a consistent basis and are often seen as a part of “their” team
- Comfortable leading and providing structure to potentially amorphous or evolving processes
- Lead the team’s deliverables, responsibilities and schedule while maintaining the integrity of design process
- Explain and sell design decisions to clients and stakeholders
- Comfortable working as a solo-designer, team member, or team lead
- Collaborate effectively with remote and onsite team members, including but not limited to designers, researchers, project/product managers, QA, developers, and technical architects
- Have a Human Centered Design approach in solving user needs with deep customer empathy
- Apply design thinking to create world-class digital experiences across multiple platforms and channels, by bringing together user needs, business goals and technical realities
- Translate concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity despite system complexity
- Create instant tangibility for the team and the client through storytelling and rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototyping
- Work directly with customers, peers and creative leads to design end-to-end experiences using participatory and iterative design techniques including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of qualitative and quantitative research to uncover insights, learn about user behavior and verify design concepts
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Participate in and contribute to Project Debriefs, project templates and design POV’s
- Still be hands on in helping develop wireframes, user flows, interaction prototypes, user personas, customer journeys, site maps, and other design specification materials
- Help shape opportunities including estimating, scoping, resourcing and RFP and or BD responses
- 6+ years’ experience in digital design
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Graphic Design, Experience Design or related field
Set Yourself Apart:
- You’re experienced with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with external clients and their customers, along with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management and user research
- You’re composed in high-pressure situations with a “big-picture” perspective on how to handle those
- You’re comfortable designing within iOS and Android native, Web Responsive, and additional platform guidelines using Adobe XD, Sketch, Axure, the Creative Suite, and other relative design tools
- You have a willingness for reasonable business travel to work with onsite teams and clients
Your application has been successfully submitted.