Blog Lead & Operations Manager
Blog Channel Strategy
- Implement the blog channel strategy – provide guidance and recommendations to stakeholders on how to increase impact through topics and stories that resonate with readers and optimize the blog post by enhancing the structure, post titles, effective use of media, SEO, CTAs, etc.
- Advocate for the customer by advising on optimal user experience across digital channels and other marketing efforts to ensure the blog readership experience brings value to our customers and other audiences.
- Implement the blog amplification strategy (on social) in partnership with the Social Leads
- Provide stakeholders with data-driven insights to support editorial point of views, driving business value and readership satisfaction.
- Leverage data and insights to analyze blog performance and present key learnings to leadership and during business reviews and for monthly MBRs
- Contribute to the development of projections and other KPIs before releases based on historical data and insights.
Blog Editorial & Publishing Operations
- Collaborate with Product Marketing and other GDC stakeholders to develop a monthly editorial calendar for thought leadership and product update blog posts.
- Set expectations on SLAs and deadlines to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Support the blog planning, strategy, execution, and analysis of content published during Microsoft’s Flagship events.
- Stay up to date on industry themes: User experience, information architecture, SEO, blogging platforms, best practices, blog syndication, and competitors’ blogging strategy and tactics.
- Participate in the annual survey of our audiences’ blog consumption habits.
- Maintain processes and governance and help maintain best practices documentation pertaining to strategies, tactics, and operations for blog and social channels.
Co-lead a team of 9+ remote vendors who serve as blog editorial managers and coordinators.
• 2+ years public relations, marketing, community management, social media management, or communications experience
OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
• 7+ years public relations, marketing, community management, social media management, communications, or related experience
• OR Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Journalism, Communications, or related field AND 5+ years public relations, marketing, community management, social media management, communications, or related experience
• OR equivalent experience.
• 3+ years product-relevant industry experience (e.g., gaming, entertainment).
• Experience working for a Fortune 50 organization
• GM+ level presentation skills.
• Excellent communications, storytelling and influencing skills
• Agency experience is a plus.
• Strong blogging acumen – knowledge of best practices for blogging.
• Experience managing complex editorial calendars – in collaboration with product marketing and other key stakeholders to ensure maximum reach and impact.
• Strong customer-centric mindset, with demonstrated ability to put the audience first.
• Excellent creative storytelling – formulates effective reports, PowerPoint presentations, or whitepapers that tell a resonating and clear story to internal clients and fluidly presents recommendations to key collaborators.
• SEO experience – understands industry trends in SEO, and how to utilize and deploy keyword research to optimize content for organic search in blogs.
• Data-first mindset – familiar with Adobe Analytics and able to utilize data to build and communicate publishing recommendations, formulate best practices, and create opportunities to better engage with our audiences and drive measurable impact for Microsoft Cloud.
• Excellent collaborator – finds a common ground with teams who have different priorities and pressures to ensure disclosure and announcement blogging plans are effectively and efficiently executed.
• Experience being a part of distributed virtual teams. Positive, proactive and embody an entrepreneurial mindset
• Ability to operate and prioritize in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment both independently and as a member of a team
• Excellent attention to detail, as well as the ability to see that high-level view
• Expertise with WordPress
• Proven project management experience with ability to drive clarity on varying priorities, tight timelines, organizational alignment, measurement, and accountability
• Experience with managing a vendor team – employs proven leadership techniques to drive clarity and operational rigor among a team of 9+ remote vendors who serve as blog editorial managers and blog posting coordinators.
Your application has been successfully submitted.