Senior Minecraft Data Engineer
- Design, architect and support high quality scalable data frameworks and products that will provide actionable information to various teams across the studio.
- Facilitate ingestion of raw data, and perform cooking, joining, and aggregation to facilitate consumption downstream.
- Work with project management, fellow engineers, data scientists and business stakeholders to understand requirements and translate to technical requirements.
- Experiment with and recommend new technologies that improve the team’s ability to innovate.
- Collaborate and communicate with engineers, data scientists and analysts to optimize data flows, tools, operational costs, and reporting infrastructures.
- Use engineering best practices to ensure security and privacy compliance across all development projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering, database systems, mathematics, or 5+ years of industry experience in a data engineering role.
- Advanced experience with Azure Cloud Services or equivalent
- Advanced understanding of big data concepts and their applications
- Advanced experience with big data frameworks
- Advanced experience building and maintaining data orchestration.
- Experience optimizing code for hardened, efficient deployments.
- Experience with Machine Learning Model deployment
- Exceptional problem solving, technical and data analysis skills.
- Great written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Be self-driven and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data.
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration.
Data Engineering IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,000 - $218,400 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $145,800 - $238,600 per year.
Microsoft has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets (see below). The range above reflects the potential base pay across the U.S. for this role (except as noted below); the applicable base pay range will depend on what ultimately is determined to be the candidate’s primary work location. Individual base pay depends on various factors, in addition to primary work location, such as complexity and responsibility of role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time.
Your application has been successfully submitted.