Production Director – Gears of War – The Coalition
- Communicate the goals of the project, and ensuring that the team is connected to the product and delivering at high efficiency and high quality
- Provide leadership and direction for the Production team. Drive collaboration to ensure each team has well defined goals that align with project pillars, and teams are working together effectively to achieve them
- Drive milestone planning, execution, dependency management and evaluation of priorities
- Oversee deliverables (internal and external), and report project status to Studio Leadership Team
- Understand and communicate team capacity and project scope
- Proactively manage and mitigate risks
- Champion effective production processes, identify opportunities to improve processes that will increase quality and efficiency, and helping shape the evolution of production practices across the team
- Adapt to product needs in different phases of development - from hands on work, to broad scale planning of processes to scale. This role needs to provide leadership across many different areas
- Provide mentorship for leads and producers regarding project or people challenges, and support them in achieving career objectives.
- You have managed one or more cross functional game teams through two or more game phases (Pre-Production, Production, Finaling) on a AAA console game
- You are comfortable working in modern project management methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban, etc)
- You are customer obsessed and have a desire to provide the best experience to our content creators and our players
- You possess excellent communication skills and are excited to work closely with designers, engineers and content creators
- You have experience working on a live game ("game as service") or a single player campaign preferred
Microsoft is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.