DC I&A Tech Manager
- Deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Model – Live our culture, embody our values, and practice our leadership principles.
- Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes, enable success across boundaries, and help the team adapt and learn.
- Care - Attract and retain great people, know everyone’s capabilities and aspirations, and invest in the growth of others.
- Run daily safety topic huddles.
- Manage and coordinate any escalated task risks and reported issues.
- Train employees in safe and effective rack moving.
- Ensure team compliant with heavy-lifting equipment requirements.
Tactical Shift Management:
- Support the planning, management, and communication of end-to-end project plans with applicable stakeholders and teams.
- Assess resource and workflow patterns to determine any needed changes in work assignments to ensure timelines are met.
Inbound and Outbound Logistics:
- Be responsible for overall day-to-day operations and ensure inbound and outbound measuring processes are running smoothly and effectively.
- Manage escalated issues related to inbound and outbound logistics.
- Ensure that all issues are documented, tracked, discussed, and resolved with internal and external stakeholders as well as suppliers with consistent and complete communication.
- Drive focus on accurately and efficiently completing Inventory and Asset Management (IAM) tasks.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to manage issues as they arise.
- Lead a team of technicians responsible for material movement (e.g., inventory management/tracking, inventory staging), inventory cycle audits, and Data Center regulatory compliance or certification control audit activity.
Warranty Process Management:
- Drive direction to make sure expectations are met handling high level escalations.
- Empower junior employees to effectively process Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) warranties.
- Work with internal stakeholders as needed related to finances around incorrectly handled RMA warranties.
Data Bearing Device (DBD) Destruction:
- Ensure all DBDs are destroyed.
- Ensure all DBDs leaving premises do not contain customer information.
- Coordinate with and oversee relationships with any third-party vendors who perform DBD destruction as necessary.
- Provide thought leadership on established methodologies and monitors outcomes for the overseen region(s).
- Comply with established methodologies and approaches to ensure delivery and execution of contracts and purchase orders.
- Work directly with the supply base to process price validation and deliver a single, accurate price to draft the PO in conjunction with senior leadership and procurement team.
- Process price and procurement requests requested by Microsoft management in support of server, network, Storage Area Network (SAN), and spare requirements.
- Contribute to risk management standards with appropriate internal teams for assigned equipment, organization, or services to improve processes or stakeholder satisfaction.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to order major equipment.
- Identify roadblocks to contract execution and escalate to senior procurement staff as needed.
- Serve as subject matter expert and model compliance to junior team members.
- Drive consistency in processes and services to align with defined policies and procedures to meet expectations for accuracy and timeliness of delivery.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to influence workstreams towards a more simplified and/or automated approach by evolving processes, services, and solutions to increase efficiency and manage costs.
Microsoft reviews all applications that meet the below Qualifications:
For this role, you are welcome to apply if you meet the following Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma.
- 3+ year(s) experience warehouse/supply chain in an information technology (IT) environment, inventory management, retail, warehouse management, logistics, or a related field.
- OR equivalent experience.
- 1+ year(s) experience directing, supervising, or managing others.
While not required, we also look for the following Preferred Qualifications:
- 5+ year(s) experience in warehouse/supply chain in an information technology (IT) environment, IT, and/or logistics, operating heavy-load movement equipment (e.g., forklift, pallet jacks, chassis lifts) for a large corporation
- OR equivalent experience.
- 1+ year(s) project management experience.
- Certification in American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS)/Association for Supply Chain Management (ASCM), International Association of Information Technology Asset Managers (IAITAM), Inventory Control, OR equivalent.
Data Center Technicians M3 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $74,100 - $165,600 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $101,200 - $182,200 per year.
Your application has been successfully submitted.