Datacentre Engineering Principal Design Manager - EMEA
Specific Job Tasks:
Reporting directly to the Datacenter Engineering Programme Design Manager, the Datacenter Design Manager will be assigned to manage the engineering scope, schedule, and budget for greenfield, brownfield and retrofit engineering / design projects as assigned across the EMEA region. This position will manage internal and external resources for the delivery of land technical due diligence, construction permitting, engineering/designing the building shell/core, power, cooling, telecom and controls infrastructure to align with Microsoft IT capacity roadmap for builds and leases.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- This role will provide design management, technical direction, decision-making and overall leadership for our datacenter architectural / engineering designs.
- The candidate will oversee the delivery of multiple, concurrent, complete Datacenter design solutions aligned with the scopes, schedules, and budgets of the projects, and manage the design deliverables of MS consultants (architects, engineers, and designers)
- Engage with key MS stakeholder groups within Microsoft as well as outside vendors who specialize in datacenter architecture and engineering.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience in related engineering, architecture, construction, or operations field.
- The candidate must have excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills.
- Candidates must possess a high level of proficiency in commercial and industrial architecture and engineering with a primary focus on datacentre design.
- The candidates must also be able to work with other technical and non-technical groups in a fast-paced environment and do so with an even temperament.
- The candidate must be a person of integrity, be methodical, and detailed-oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to lead teams of consultants and engineers in advanced engineering and operational processes and procedures as they relate to large datacentre environments.
- Contract negotiation skills with solid understanding of value-added ideas without compromising safety and quality of deliverables.
- Ability to get things done in a fast-paced environment; not easily discouraged; forward looking with an open mindset.
- Knowledge of local building codes, regulations, and jurisdictional standards.
- Ability to prepare and present using MS office packages.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Significant experience in delivering engineering / construction infrastructure projects.
- Proven experience as lead engineer, lead architect, design manager or project manager.
- Large scale project experience (100MM per project) delivering Design Build, and Design Bid Build type projects.
- Have good experience in running technical site due diligence programmes.
- Demonstrate a good track record in data centre / mission critical section.
Preferred, not required:
- Chartered / Professional Engineer / Project Manager or Registered Architect.
Your application has been successfully submitted.