Senior Cloud Network Eng
· Partner with Network, Security+, and Storage peers to design highly secure and available private cloud solutions.
· Design simple processes for running the network infrastructure.
· Automate defined processes to eliminate human error and increase availability and standards.
· Define secure connectivity paths between Azure and Secure DCs to enable hybrid services.
· Consult with service owners to help them create secure, easy to troubleshoot, and highly available services on top of our network (Example: help them to create comprehensive HLB Health checks).
- 7+ years technical experience in network design, development, and automation
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field AND 4+ years technical experience in network design, development, and automation.
- Experience with designing and implementing network architectures that include hybrid Cloud/on-prem deployments.
- Excellent IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application of IP/Routing protocols (i.e., BGP, OSPF, MPLS, TCP/UDP, IPSEC/MACSec, HTTP/HTTPS).
- Comprehensive troubleshooting skills across the OSI layer (Switching, Routing, and application/layer 7 Firewalls).
- Experience with designing and implementing application load balancing (LTM/HLB).
- Experience in enterprise automation using PowerShell, Perl, Python, YAML/Ansible, C# or equivalent.
- Ability to work as a team player including mentoring and sharing of knowledge.
- Experience with large Datacenter deployments.
- Ability to take projects from beginning to end with little direct supervision.
- Ability to work effectively across teams to drive business and technology decisions.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Desire to learn new skills\
- Experience working in a secure datacenter environment.
- Experience with design for global availability (GTM, DNS, Anycast, IP Management)
- Solid understanding of network and computer security compliance standards and protocols.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Cloud Network Engineering IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,000 - $218,400 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $145,800 - $238,600 per year.
Microsoft has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets (see below). The range above reflects the potential base pay across the U.S. for this role (except as noted below); the applicable base pay range will depend on what ultimately is determined to be the candidate’s primary work location. Individual base pay depends on various factors, in addition to primary work location, such as complexity and responsibility of role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time.
Your application has been successfully submitted.