Senior Software Engineer - Insights, Data Engineering & Analytics
As part of our team, you would be responsible for the technical leadership and end-to-end development of the data solutions that will help E+D and SCI gain the strategic insights we need to deliver the most optimal user experience and to quickly adapt to market conditions that are constantly evolving. You will also apply your engineering and analytical skills to petabyte-scale data problems using the latest and most modern data analytics technologies on an ever-increasing number of data signals produced by the different products part of the M365 suite and our partners across the company. In this position, you will face tough engineering challenges every day as we deal with very large, disparate and usually complex data sets as we aim to provide an efficient and reliable platform for data wrangling and curation. The integration of different data democratization and visualization techniques will also enable us to extract even the most deeply embedded insights from this data to then make those insights readily available to everyone in our organization, affording them the flexibility of analyzing said data in a self-service manner.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Software Development, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- At least 5 years experience in software engineering, programming or development, including Software programming experience in C#, Java, or C++.
- Experience working and building distributed cloud services using Azure or related technology stacks.
- Experience with Azure Data Factory, Cosmos, Kusto, Spark, Kafka and other big-data-related technology stacks.
- Experience in software testing/release processes and methodologies.
- Prior knowledge of ETL/ELT, Data Modeling, and BI systems.
- Strong background in math and statistics.
- Proven design and analytical skills, with a strong bias for engineering excellence at scale. Functional knowledge of cloud computing and online services business models, including business, technical, and operational metrics.
- Strong background in data warehouse principles, architecture, design and its implementation at a large scale.
- Excellent customer service, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic, fluid environment.
- Ability to learn and grasp concepts quickly in a fast-paced environment.
Software Engineering IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,000 - $218,400 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $145,800 - $238,600 per year.
Your application has been successfully submitted.