Software Engineer 2
In this role, you learn how Microsoft 365 handles complex network topologies for our global customers, how rich telemetry is used to solve hard problems of data classification, and more. You will have the opportunity to develop a broad network of people and expand your scope of influence across teams and disciplines, and grow in the job to progressively have more impact on customers, the team, and the Microsoft business.
- Design, code, test, and deploy features in our cloud services with high quality, maintainability, and end-to-end ownership.
- Drive improvements around areas of ownership in the service
- Be a part of a Dev-Ops team that handles and remediates customer-impacting issues.
- Collaborate with partner teams across Microsoft to meet engineering goals in a unified manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 2+ years of technical engineering experience with coding in languages including, but not limited to, C, C++, C#, Java, or Python
- Experience developing, testing, deploying, and maintaining online services on Azure, AWS or similar.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 4+ years of technical engineering experience with coding in languages including, but not limited to, C, C++, C#, Java, or Python
- Solid full-stack development experience with technologies such as REST, ReactJS, and Document DB.
- Solid design and coding skills with a focus on scalable systems.
- Experience with big data tooling, data engineering and related technologies.
- Experience in the computer networking domain.
Software Engineering IC3 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $94,300 - $182,600 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $120,900 - $198,600 per year.
Microsoft has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets (see below). The range above reflects the potential base pay across the U.S. for this role (except as noted below); the applicable base pay range will depend on what ultimately is determined to be the candidate’s primary work location. Individual base pay depends on various factors, in addition to primary work location, such as complexity and responsibility of the role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time.
Your application has been successfully submitted.