Senior Software Engineer
Intelligent Conversation & Communications Cloud (IC3) is an org within the Microsoft 365 (M365) portfolio of products. IC3 powers billions of conversations across Microsoft Teams and other clients. It enables reliable, high-quality audio/video calling, meeting, and messaging services across a wide variety of endpoints.
Inside IC3, we are the group providing all the services that power Calling and PSTN workloads. Millions of customers around the globe rely 24/7, on the services that we build for running their core businesses. Powering all of this takes a set of well-architected, globally distributed, highly scalable services and applications. Our group is responsible for building and growing these services.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about building high-quality reliable Cloud Service features. As an engineer in our team, you’ll be working on changes to one or more services to meet the growing needs of Microsoft's first-party and third-party solutions.
In this role you will work on projects with some of the following attributes:
- Build highly scalable cloud-based micro-services using technologies and languages such as C#, Azure, .NET
- Provide Highly scalable Location Services that power scenarios like Dynamic Emergency Calling, Hybrid Work scenarios in Microsoft Teams and Azure Communication Services
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering OR equivalent years of work experience.
- 7+ years hands-on experience in software development using C#/Java etc.
- 1+ years experience as Technical Lead.
- Strong analytical and problem solving and organizational skills
- Experience working on large-scale cloud applications
- Excellent cross-group collaboration, negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to communicate technical details clearly across organizational boundaries.
- Experience in DevOps to maintain live services and application frameworks.
- Cloud and services experience, with Azure cloud experience highly desirable.
- Excellent analytical skills with a systematic and structured approach to software design
- Passion for building highly scalable, highly reliable services
- Experience with or exposure to Agile and iterative development processes.
- Growth Mindset with a desire to learn, a tendency to embrace challenges, persist in the face of setbacks, see failures as essential to mastery, learn from criticism and find lessons and inspiration in the success of others.
- Help to create a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full and authentic self, where all voices are heard, and where we do our best work as a result.
- Confident and articulate in expressing ideas to a mixed audience with varying views and challenges.
- A sense of personal ownership and accountability is required, together with the ability to deliver to deadlines while managing internal stakeholder expectations.
- Self-motivated with a strong drive for reaching across teams and organizations to make progress collaboratively.
Your application has been successfully submitted.