Human Factors Engineer/Researcher
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, patience, and aesthetic sensibility.
- Equally passionate about user experience, health, and technology.
- Curious about human interaction with technology and novel features.
- Expertise in creating thorough experimental designs, utilizing scientific method.
- Expertise in conducting usability studies and interview techniques related to product use is required.
- Mixed methods expertise to combine quantitative and qualitative research approaches
- Relevant proven experience in human factors and/or consumer product usability evaluation is required.
- Ability to distill research insights into presentations for engineers and designers in a concise way.
- Focus is on human factors with health software usability expertise is a plus.
Apply Human Factors Engineering (HFE) techniques and principles at all phases of product/technology development. Exercise independent judgment in development of study methodology, data collection efforts, data analysis, conclusions, and design recommendations. Develop user study criteria and detailed methodology for user interface testing for several concurrent projects. Lead user-centered research and evaluation for design concept models on a diverse user population utilizing experimental data, anthropometric databases, and scientific publications. Conduct qualitative and quantitative research methods and analysis of data and provide clear and concise feedback to teams in a timely manner. Collaborate cross-functionally with design, engineering, clinical, regulatory, product marketing, and product development groups. Maintain an active working knowledge of worldwide human factors publications, standards, and both cognitive and physical heuristics.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s or doctorate preferred) with a concentration or extensive work in human factors, industrial engineering, cognitive engineering, human- computer interaction, or experimental psychology.
Your application has been successfully submitted.