Global Supply Manager
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle sudden setbacks
- A knack for negotiation
- Willingness to operate in a dynamic environment
- Ability to make quick decisions with 80% information
- Thirst for knowledge and the ability to learn quickly
- Interest in technology and/or operations (experience preferred but not required)
- Willingness to travel internationally (20% - 30% depending on commodity)
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
Develop a nuanced understanding of the commodity landscape in order to forecast industry trends and gauge emerging competitive forces. Identify changes in buyer and supplier power within core materials markets and use industry dynamics to Apple’s advantage.
Effectively work with suppliers to negotiate optimal terms for sourcing. Understand the trade-offs between cost, volume, and quality in order to strike agreements that meet Apple’s performance criteria and secure long term supply continuity.
Collaborate across the Apple organization to ensure business objectives are met. Includes the ability to rapidly synthesize and communicate findings to senior leaders and to actively identify potential supply issues that can affect product strategy.
Optimize global supply chain performance through cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking. Develop an in-depth understanding of value-added manufacturing processes and costs, reverse logistics, and market intelligence, and apply this knowledge to influence Apple’s future product roadmap and sourcing decisions.
Assess and mitigate risks to the business. Manage global supply chain disruptions in real time with the support of an international team.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree, plus 3-5 years of work experience
Masters degree or MBA is a plus
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $109,000 and $164,500, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Your application has been successfully submitted.